Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Winter Sunday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89Cj...eature=related

It is a real winters day, dark, damp icy cold winds with the moon and stars lighting up the heavens. A solitary Blackbird accompanied us on our morning walk with the odd mooing coming from the farm and the noise of a tractor moving about in the darkness.

Plans for today are in the melting pot at the moment so I am just going to relax and enjoy my coffee and Bacon sarnies in the meantime.

Mags her son arranged for the telegram from the Queen. It is surprisng what cards you can ask the Queen for.

Have a great day everyone and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5cX_ncZLls
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 09:41 AM

Re: Winter Sunday

Morning AB and to all and sundry who follow later...

White with frost here in Sherwood so we've only had a quick whizz through the forest with the dogs before coffee, with a longer walk planned for after lunch. Nothing much else planned, just keeping close to the fire and the coffee pot...

Have a relaxing Sunday folks and watch out for the ice...

Barry
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 09:50 AM

'morning AB, Barry, and all

AB did you go AWOL yesterday or did I just miss your post

Today I hope to finish off the Xmas decorations, SWMBO prefers less rather than more around the house but likes the tree to be properly done, whatever that means, I've yet to find an instruction manual on how to decorate a tree 'properly'

Snow finally came on Friday and looks like it will be a white Xmas.

Best wishes to you all.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Morning all

Already taken Sal out and fetched the Sunday papers, come home and had a lovely cup coffee along with a bacon and eggs sarnie with brown sauce.

And I agree watch out for the ice.

My plan is to put the tree up...............
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:29 AM

Morning friends, very cold and icy here. Hope you all enjoy a nice day in the heat. Take care if you do need to go out.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Morning all-it was a bit chilly earlier but I do like to dig up a bit of horseradish when it`s roast beef Sunday.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 10:53 AM

Good Morning Bob and Everyone - the snow has now all iced up and it is so dangerous walking out! I am lucky that a neighbour got me milk yesterday and I have some meals in my freezer! I couldn't go out - must get the ice grips soon! It is supposed to rain tomorrow - so bring it on and heavy, I hope!!

How are you OG? Hope you are hail and hearty!

Thanks for the links, Bob, good ones - missed them these past couple of days!

Take care all and enjoy your Sunday whatever the weather and whatever you do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Good morning ladies and gents and all who follow

It's a beautiful crisp and sunny day here and the frost is still laying like a carpet on the ground .....a very chilly 2ºC.

Nothing special planned for today other than a few decorations to be put up in the dining room.

AB - your aunt must be so proud to have received a telegram from the Queen, I hope she enjoyed her special day.
How is you neighbour now ..... improving I hope?

Enjoy your day all, whatever you may be doing and take care on the ice and snow.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Good morning all. Weather remains the same. They even took the rain out of the forecast for tomorrow so we continue with the driest December on record.

I have no plans for today. I might go out for breakfast but considering I still have the makings for a good bacon, eggs & toast meal I might as well save a bit of money that can buy a week's worth of replacements for the price of eating out once.

We're just a week away from Christmas as nothing is stirring. I might start looking in my closet for bows and Christmas tissue paper for my two gift bags. Don't want to rush or anything. LOL Have a great day all!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 02:24 PM

Good afternoon everybody. Also a frosty day here with lots of blue skies and sunshine.

Have a visiting very lively springer here for the weekend and after walking her and Bonnie on the marsh this morning thought it would be nice to take her to play with my friend's young boxers who live a few miles away.

Well the dogs didn't get on at all and there was a bit of a rumpas so had to put her in back in car whilst I had a quick coffee with my friend. It was a shame though as I'd envisioned them all running around a huge garden having lots of fun!! My friend told me afterwards that quite often dogs don't like Boxers, something to do with their stance apparently, wasn't aware of that.

Not too much planned for rest of day, need to saw up some logs, write out my cards and take home my visitor this evening.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top