Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 03:50 PM

Re: Insomnia

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Are you recommending an alternative form of hydration, LD...I would be on board with that! Perhaps not with painkillers though....eek! Glad you slept well though.
Thanks Pix. Slept well last night too without the alcohol. Things are improving.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Pix. Slept well last night too without the alcohol. Things are improving.
Yaaay!

Me, not so much. Doing all the recommended things but woke at 3am last night - I'm thinking now its a habit, mentally y'know? Like my brain just clicks awake at that time. Its ridiculous. Managing to fall back into sleep eventually, but still annoying.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 04:16 PM

I have been having a few bad nights lately, can't get to sleep, get up 2-3am, make myself a cup of camomile tea, attempt to do a crossword then back to bed to try again near 5.00am.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Mags, Its awful isn't it.?! You have my complete sympathy. Oh for a complete nights sleep...better than a lottery win right now!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 04:27 PM

Mags, Its awful isn't it.?! You have my complete sympathy. Oh for a complete nights sleep...better than a lottery win right now!
Exactly my thoughts, Pixie
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 10:32 PM

I have never been one to fall asleep straight away, it always takes me about an hour to go off. Mrs LD falls asleep within 5 minutes but then wakes up again after half an hour. What I find odd is that when I am trying to sleep at night, everything has to be perfect; correct position, no bumps in my pillow, arms in the right place, not too hot, not too cold, ear plugs to block the clock ticking noise etc, etc. In the morning though, when I first wake up, I could go back to sleep hanging off a cliff by one leg in the pouring rain.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 03:02 AM

For the third time this week, I have been awake since around 3am. I'm not woken by anything as far as I can tell - all is quiet inside and outside. Thing is, once I'm awake I have to get up - the day starts here. So I make tea, read a book, go online, and generally potter about quietly. Its happening more and more often as I get older (its not just a lockdown thing) Good job I'm an early riser anyway! By 9pm or so, I am tired and a bit grumpy and just want to sleep.

If you have insomnia - what do you do? Try to go back to sleep, or amuse yourself until its a more "normal" rising time?
Tart cherry juice from concentrate works for me. It has to be highly concentrated from tart cherries...serving size 2 oz. It has to be diluted. It's also good for a lot of other things. The brand name is Dynamic Health. I'd give you a link to it, but I'm in the U.S. and I don't know if the link would work or not or if you can get the brand anywhere else. It is not a knock out solution, but it allows a person to slip into sleep. I still have some trouble depending on what I eat. If I have any caffeine in any form I can't sleep at all. My inability to sleep started with menopause. I take it about an hour before I go to bed.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've never seen Cherry juice in the supermarket here I love cherries too so I'll look out for that.
Me neither (cherry juice, that is) I'll try and find some. I love cherries

Annie, that is really interesting about the science behind the hydration...I'll look into that. I do like Ribena, but not such a fan of coconut water (coconuts, yes)
If you can find some it works great. My husband was having trouble with insomnia and couldn’t sleep which was really affecting his work. The fact that he had to drive an hour to work and an hour back worried me a lot. We tried everything and finally someone recommended this. It doesn’t instantly work. It may take a few days to start working but once you have this in your system it can do wonders for sleep with no side effects. Nobody wants to have that hung over drugged out feeling.
Good luck either way.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 03:23 AM

Remember, it has to be "tart" cherry juice. The other won't work. My guess is that you will not find it at the supermarket. You will probably have to find it in a health food store or online.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:09 AM

I'll look out for it and let you know....Tart cherry juice. Been up since 4am...I'll try anything

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top