Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:11 AM

Re: Insomnia

Morning Summer I haven't found any cherry juice yet, but what Sage said about the menopause has given me an aha! moment
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:20 AM

Morning Pixie....well its not menopause with me I'm too old for that....it could be house move though although I don't feel stressed....it might be that.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Morning Pixie....well its not menopause with me I'm too old for that....it could be house move though although I don't feel stressed....it might be that.
I'm way too old for menopause too. But the inability to sleep started in peri-menopause, my early 40s. The hormones were out of balance, and it got worse and worse as time went on. For the short time I was on hormone replacement therapy I was able to sleep. When my sister got breast cancer from her HRT, I stopped taking mine. Then I remembered I had the same problem sleeping shortly after my period first started when I was a kid. I remember thinking at the time that I was too young to have trouble sleeping. If my blood sugar drops too low in the middle of the night I wake up and can't go back to sleep. So I always have a protein source an hour before bed. For me it's all about finding the right balance. And stress does make a difference, too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Morning Summer I haven't found any cherry juice yet, but what Sage said about the menopause has given me an aha! moment
Pixie Amazon sell Biona Organic Tart Pure Cherry Juice if that's any help.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I looked this up. It is pure cherry juice, but I didn't see that it said it was concentrate. This is important. I tried several brands that were not concentrate. They didn't work. Amazon also has the Dynamic Health brand with the serving size of 2 oz. That's the one that works.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Originally Posted by Sage ->
I looked this up. It is pure cherry juice, but I didn't see that it said it was concentrate. This is important. I tried several brands that were not concentrate. They didn't work. Amazon also has the Dynamic Health brand with the serving size of 2 oz. That's the one that works.
Thanks to you both - I really appreciate this info! I have ordered some tonight, and fingers crossed it does the trick!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Thanks to you both - I really appreciate this info! I have ordered some tonight, and fingers crossed it does the trick!

Please get back to us and let us know how you get on knucks. If you can stay awake long enough.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-03-2021, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Please get back to us and let us know how you get on knucks. If you can stay awake long enough.
I imagine it will take a few nights to kick in....but yeah, I'll report back!

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:29 AM

I would be interested to see if it works too....I'll order some once I'm moved with a delivery address.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

19-03-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would be interested to see if it works too....I'll order some once I'm moved with a delivery address.
Ugh, it can't arrive quick enough, Summer...I was up again at 3 due to fireworks going off (can you believe it??) which scared the dog. Managed to get a nap, but now I'm fuzzy headed.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top