Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:34 PM

Re: Happy Birthday, Harbal!

Originally Posted by Sage ->
The private information is often harvested and sold to multiple places, including big businesses and the like. People can open up accounts and you get stuck with the bills. It can ruin people's lives. It has ruined a lot of people that way.
Yes, so I've heard. The internet has opened up a new world for us, but it also exposes us to lots of new risks.

Having to be ultra careful all the time is not a good way to live.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Yes, so I've heard. The internet has opened up a new world for us, but it also exposes us to lots of new risks.

Having to be ultra careful all the time is not a good way to live.
There are some sites that are especially bad about selling their clients stuff. Facebook is one of them. That's how they make a lot of their money. So there are some precautions one can take and one of them is the birthday.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:49 PM

So there are some precautions one can take and one of them is the birthday.
Well I'm afraid the cat's out of the bag on that score. I'm glad you didn't tell me all this last week, when it was my birthday; it might have put a bit of a damper on the occasion.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:55 PM

Well I'm afraid the cat's out of the bag on that score. I'm glad you didn't tell me all this last week, when it was my birthday; it might have put a bit of a damper on the occasion.
I've done it in the past myself. No more. There was another site I was on where most of the women were born in 1899. That was a big clue. It was the one popular before Facebook. Things are such as they are. People who run scams often get a little info here and a little there and put it all together. There are programs designed to do that.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-03-2021, 10:59 PM

I've done it in the past myself. No more. There was another site I was on where most of the women were born in 1899. That was a big clue. It was the one popular before Facebook. Things are such as they are. People who run scams often get a little info here and a little there and put it all together. There are programs designed to do that.
You are not making me feel any better, Sage.

Sage
U. S.

28-03-2021, 12:31 AM

You are not making me feel any better, Sage.

You can only go from where you are. My husband designed computer software for large companies. He was really good at it. His mind thinks that way. He got into the field when it was in its infancy. He's the one who let me know what kinds of things are possible. He also designed our website from scratch. I need to be more careful than I am.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top