Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

06-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Yoga

Any members here taking yoga? I went winter before last and have been thinking of rejoining, just hate the planks, lol!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 04:59 PM

Re: Yoga

Planks? What planks? We used soft mats when I learned Yoga.
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

06-10-2015, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Planks? What planks? We used soft mats when I learned Yoga.
Yes Silver Tabby we use those soft mats here as well. The plank is a yoga pose however.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Aha - thank you - don't remember having to learn that one! Just looked it up - seems like a variety of 'press up'. Good for the old abdominals I would think!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 07:21 PM

I could never quite get my leg through in the Sun salutation.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 10:11 PM

I teach yoga (and pilates). So yes, I do it quite a lot!

Be careful with the plank, though, as holding the pose for more than about 30 seconds can potentially cause problems with the ribcage.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 11:04 PM

I've been doing Yoga for over four years now Sam. I was doing 3 classes a week, but I only seem to have time for one at the moment.
My teacher is a lovely Hindu lady who was taught by Swami Ramdev. I much prefer the Pranayam Yoga to the Hatha though, most of the english teachers seem to practice mostly the Hatha.
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

08-10-2015, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
I teach yoga (and pilates). So yes, I do it quite a lot!

Be careful with the plank, though, as holding the pose for more than about 30 seconds can potentially cause problems with the ribcage.
Yes Deb agreed!!! Thankyou.
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

08-10-2015, 01:46 AM

Mups good for you! Time is always a chaser! I am looking into our local studio, they have a variety of classes and levels. I think I shall try something on more the relaxation level. I wish also there was an early afternoon class as I just don't have the inclination to go in the evenings, especially in the winter months.
RunYoung50
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
RunYoung50 is female 

08-10-2015, 10:20 PM

Hi Sam, I do yoga at home with videos from time to time (in fact I did some this morning). I would like to go a class as I am not sure whether my technique is right. In my mind I think I'm doing exactly the same thing as the instructor but I suspect that's not always true!
I was a bit concerned by Deb's comment about the plank as I usually plank every day for a minute. Haven't noticed any problems so hope this means I'm doing it right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top