Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Re: Yoga

Originally Posted by Mustang Sam ->
Mups good for you! Time is always a chaser! I am looking into our local studio, they have a variety of classes and levels. I think I shall try something on more the relaxation level. I wish also there was an early afternoon class as I just don't have the inclination to go in the evenings, especially in the winter months.

Yes Sam, an evening class would put me off too. In fact, I don't understand that really, because the Yoga I do, shouldn't be done within 4 hours of eating, so I certainly wouldn't do it after my dinner.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 01:35 AM

I tried yoga and it just didn't do it for me. I find my peace hiking and sweating my whiskers off. I know many people adore it though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:15 AM

I did yoga years ago when I was more supple. Nowadays my knees don't bend so good. A lot of the positions - sitting cross legged etc are out of the question now.

I can still do the plough and half shoulderstand but have given up with the headstand.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:19 AM

I thought Yoga was a bear with a mate called Boo Boo and loved honey.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I did yoga years ago when I was more supple. Nowadays my knees don't bend so good. A lot of the positions - sitting cross legged etc are out of the question now.

I can still do the plough and half shoulderstand but have given up with the headstand.

I have one dodgy knee Carol, and are not comfortable sitting cross legged for long, but it's not vital, and there are lots of chair exercises we can do instead, so it's not a problem.
Most of the Pranayam yoga is about breathing exercises anyway, and we don't have to sit cross legged to do that.
That's another one of the good things about it, its more adaptable than the Hatha yoga.
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

09-10-2015, 10:11 PM

Yes well just as you all have mentioned I think the yoga may help with the aches and pains with stretching if nothing else.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-10-2015, 11:33 PM

It should be of help Sam. May I suggest you just take it easy and go at your own pace till you loosened up. Hope you enjoy it.
Mine Silliver
New Member!
Bangladesh
Mine Silliver is male 

10-10-2015, 02:05 PM

i didn't do ever yoga. But Aunty sometimes went there.She said me that it helps to bring peace in mind.She forced me but i didn't go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-10-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mine Silliver ->
i didn't do ever yoga. But Aunty sometimes went there.She said me that it helps to bring peace in mind.She forced me but i didn't go.

I agree with your auntie. It does help bring peace of mind.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top