Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
LadyBird
Lecce . Italia
LadyBird is female 

17-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Re: Not posting much :(

So sorry to hear this,there are some terrible people about! I do hope you get her back.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 07:49 PM

Thank you all.. it means a lot to know you're all so supportive

@Brandykins birds of prey dont move in petshop circles with the exception of the occasional owl. All the appropriate people are informed though. It'll be a case of having to wait im afraid. Sometimes a buyer gets suspicious and phones the authorities. As with 99% of all crimes someone will know who took her and occasionally its that person that gets a guilty feeling and makes a phone call to snitch on the thief.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 08:58 PM

So very sorry to read this Cassie, hope he returns to you soon...
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Oh gosh, I am so sorry.
I'm keeping everything crossed that your Tula will be returned to you safe and sound.
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
In case anyones wondered I am about and logging in but im not posting much as ive had some terrible news about one of my birds. Tula was stolen on Sunday from my friends centre in Wakefield where she'd been staying for a few weeks while I concentrated of flying Reg. Im totally devastated as Tula is my everything and so much more than just a bird. Another bird was taken with her but 2 registerable species were left on the lawn. It would seen the thieves knew what was easy to pass on with no required paperwork. I cant believe shes been taken and Crow her little friend too
Will still log in but im sorry my va va voom has dwindled somewhat.
Hi Cassie. not sure what bird of yours has gone missing if it's a Harris Hawk, I saw this on another forum where 2 of them have been found in a chicken coop.

http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/news...d_harris_hawk/

hope it helps.
Karen
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Oh Cassie, . . this is awful, . . especially at this time of year, . . I'm sure you'll be reunited with your lovely bird soon, . . the evil sods who stole it must realise it's a BOP so trying to sell it on will be very difficult as you have to have a license to keep them.

Wishing you a speedy recovery of your Tula.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 07:41 PM

There's no licence required to keep birds of prey in the uk Nero. And harris hawks were de-registered a little while back to she has no paperwork. I have heard nothing whatsoever Im just hoping shes not loose as she wouldnt survive this weather even though she is able to kill her own food. Wing tip oedema is common in Harris hawks as they're from desert land and unless they get up high above the frost level they can get frost bite and their wing tips fall off and they cant fly again. So part of me hopes shes safe with someone although that someone is in face keeping a stolen bird
Cassie
West Wales

23-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by liverbird ->
Hi Cassie. not sure what bird of yours has gone missing if it's a Harris Hawk, I saw this on another forum where 2 of them have been found in a chicken coop.

http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/news...d_harris_hawk/

hope it helps.
Karen
Thanks Karen its not her sadly..Its too early
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Sorry there's been no news of her ......fingers still crossed
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Really hoping you get some good news soon...........

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top