Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Bread & Butter

Nothing nicer than bread, butter and something nice to go with it. A favourite cheese, pate, jam etc.

Which bread do you prefer ?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:12 AM

Re: Bread & Butter

Different bread for different things

I make a lot of bread , the children like my little bread sticks flavoured with cheese....

I like these little wholemeal rolls with meat or cheese...

....and I love olive and sundried tomato baguettes with soup
I am just about to start making them again after the summer. I buy fresh yeast online and freeze it.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Mmm yes fresh bread.. I love the darker more solid German type bread as a day to day loaf but white bread toast with jam, or beer bread with a good stew or soup and naan bread with a curry..

Different meals require different bread!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Oooooh. Are those cheese scones..warm cheese scones
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:21 AM

They look wonderful Meg, there is nothing finer than fresh home made bread, spread thickly with butter and served with a generous wedge of mature cheddar, what an absolute joy.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:24 AM

I don't know what has happened but since the operation I had bread has a completely different taste which I am not keen on. So I tend not to eat as much as I used to
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Oooooh. Are those cheese scones..warm cheese scones
....yes I love cheese scones and they are so quick and easy to make I freeze them and pop a frozen one in the microwave for a quick lunch with an apple/celery and some cheese...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-10-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
They look wonderful Meg, there is nothing finer than fresh home made bread, spread thickly with butter and served with a generous wedge of mature cheddar, what an absolute joy.
I agree Barry unfortunately a lot of people don't very often eat home made bread these days.
solo
UK

05-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....yes I love cheese scones and they are so quick and easy to make I freeze them and pop a frozen one in the microwave for a quick lunch with an apple/celery and some cheese...

I have few sins that I will admit too but if it's just come out of the oven and still warm...it is fair game. Be it cake, bread, scones, meat I confess to a lack of self control. I just cannot resist and it does taste so much better hot.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I just cannot resist and it does taste so much better hot.
I second that and I don't mind getting my hand slapped.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top