Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 07:42 PM

Dilemma

Though I was put on antibiotics a few days ago I hadnt looked at the do's/donts, untill today. There it said ' Do Not take if you have an Irregular Heart Rythm ',as I have this I asked advice at Boots pharmacy, they said probably not to take it ,but check with my Dr. I rang my Dr , explained the problem and they promised to ring back, which they did, to say they had looked at my records and its alright to take the antibiotics
Now Im in a dilemma of who to believe
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Re: Dilemma

But if your doctor knows your medical history then he wouldn't prescribe something that could have an adverse reaction? I would hope, anyway.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:16 PM

I would think that your course of anti biotics would be no more than a week and doctors do not now prescribe them, unless they are really necessary. The printed "side effects" on the sheet are just a possibility so I would hope your doctor, who knows your health condition better than anyone, would give the best advice. Try not to worry about it but if you notice any change in your heart rhythm, call your doctor immediately.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Though I was put on antibiotics a few days ago I hadnt looked at the do's/donts, untill today. There it said ' Do Not take if you have an Irregular Heart Rythm ',as I have this I asked advice at Boots pharmacy, they said probably not to take it ,but check with my Dr. I rang my Dr , explained the problem and they promised to ring back, which they did, to say they had looked at my records and its alright to take the antibiotics
Now Im in a dilemma of who to believe
Hi Yvonne, it is important to finish a course of antibiotics once you have started taking them unless you are experiencing severe side effects. Failing to take the whole course can in result in antibiotic resistant bacteria.

It's essential to finish taking a prescribed course of antibiotics, even if you feel better, unless a healthcare professional tells you otherwise. If you stop taking an antibiotic part way through a course, the bacteria can become resistant to the antibiotic.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Antibio...roduction.aspx
Mustang Sam
Canada
Mustang Sam is female 

08-10-2015, 09:53 PM

I agree with the others go with your docs prescribed medication...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 10:12 PM

Might the anxiety alone alter your heart rhythm, then you would probably think its the tablets.
There are well over 100 different antibiotics I believe, so if you are really not happy deylon, why not ask your doctor if you could have a different one?
I know there are certain ones for certain jobs, but no harm in asking if there is something else they could prescribe. Tell them you are concerned about the possibility of that side effect? Hopefully they will either be able to reassure you, or change the drug.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 10:38 PM

What kind of infection are you fighting Deylon?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 11:06 PM

That could be a bit personal, don't you think?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 11:49 PM

If it were me I'd take the antibiotics. If you don't, the infection you were prescribed them for may never clear up!
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

09-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Hi Deylon, how are you doing and what did you decide to do?
Hope you are ok, best wishes RK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top