Join for free
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Cheesy bites

I bought some for the Jacks the other day they absolutely love them and don't seem to upset their system like some of the other things they've had, mind you they are tiny. Does anyone know of a cheesy flavoured dried dog food? They share a tin in the morning but have some dried food in the afternoon and as they love cheese I'd like to get them some instead of the usual sort.I googled it but wasn't very successful, I also thought cheese was harmful to dogs but apparently not.I wouldn't give them a lot of cheese though, its a bit sickly so I thought flavoured in dried food would be good, can't find any though.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Re: Cheesy bites

I wouldn't give them any milk products tbh Val - dogs can't digest lactose.

Why not get a bag of 'reduced' carrots or other veg? Even normal price will be cheaper than 'dog treats' AND they will be much much much healthier ...I think a bag of carrots in tesco is something like 99p!

Rocky absolutely loves the veg I give him when I am doing my food
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2010, 07:27 AM

Re: Cheesy bites

They do have those as well but the cheesy bites are from pedigree so I imagine are fine for dogs, they are just so expensive for anything other than a treat. I know they do chicken, beef etc flavoured dried food but I have to be careful of some of those they upset the dogs tummies. I'll keep looking. Thanks Azz.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top