New Member!
Derbyshire UK
HumarJ is female 

25-05-2010, 06:31 PM

Cats eating habits

My cat will eat only fish
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Re: Cats eating habits

Originally Posted by HumarJ ->
My cat will eat only fish

That must be expensive for you Humar. I haven't got cats now but when I did they just had tins of Whiskas with biscuit.

Fish is supposed to be very good for them.

By the way, welcome to the Forum, it's lovely having you aboard.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Lots of cats can be fussy eaters, my cat goes through phases when she'll eat something one day then turn her nose up at it the next!

What do you feed your cat ...... pouches, cans or fresh?

Welcome from me too!
HumarJ
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
HumarJ is female 

25-05-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
That must be expensive for you Humar. I haven't got cats now but when I did they just had tins of Whiskas with biscuit.

Fish is supposed to be very good for them.

By the way, welcome to the Forum, it's lovely having you aboard.
Nice to meet you all My cat 'Guiness' she only likes certain brands eg Whiskas steamed fish, the tuna when I'm making a sandwich! Just wondered if you had any ideas how to get her back to eating ''bird' Daren't let her out to catch her own where I live!
HumarJ
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
HumarJ is female 

25-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lots of cats can be fussy eaters, my cat goes through phases when she'll eat something one day then turn her nose up at it the next!

What do you feed your cat ...... pouches, cans or fresh?

Welcome from me too!
Nice to meet you all
Guiness my cat is fed Whiskas pouches and Go cat biscuits Can't let her out where I live! She definitely turned her nose up at Tesco Luxury chicken and I think its put her off meat flavours for good
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Hi and welcome!

Cats can be extremely picky eaters. As long as the Whiskas are completely meeting her nutritional needs she should be OK; I suggest not giving her people tuna except as an occasional treat, as it doesn't contain taurine, an essential element for cats health (lack of which for an extended period can result in blindness among other things).

You could try mixing a bit of chicken or beef wet in with her other food, just a wee amount to begin with to see if she'll eat it; don't be too surprised if she manages to eat around it; they're clever that way.

How old is she? Has she been spayed? Have you discussed her diet with your vet?

You might consider posting this on our sister forum, Catsey; many members there are far more knowledgeable about cats nutritional needs than I am!
HumarJ
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
HumarJ is female 

26-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Thanks for your help my cat is 18 months old

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top