Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 07:32 PM

Re: Banksy shredded!

Hi

I enjoy Art, I buy it because I enjoy it, not for how much profit I can make.

I have recently bought a painting done by a Downs Syndrome Girl.

It was so important to her, money well spent.

It was worth it just to see the joy on her face.

To me that is so much more important than any famous painting.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:16 PM

It is a load of tosh really. However, good luck to the man, he has real talent and a good sense of humour.

He also has an aim, namely to emphasise the stupidity, violence and cruelty of the human being.

If he can earn lots of money from his artistic talent-with-a-message, then the best of luck to him.

The next question is, how does he manage to receive his money from all these paintings/drawings. There must be somebody out there who knows who he is ! Excuse me Mr/Mrs Somebody, could you pass on to Banksy how I've stuck up for him and that I wish him well ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:15 PM

Banksy is no stranger to publicity stunts. He once sold 'fake' Banksy art from a stall for twenty quid each. They were genuine and are now worth £60k.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Why anyone would give even one penny for that graffiti vandal's offerings is well beyond me.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
It is a load of tosh really. However, good luck to the man, he has real talent and a good sense of humour.

He also has an aim, namely to emphasise the stupidity, violence and cruelty of the human being.

If he can earn lots of money from his artistic talent-with-a-message, then the best of luck to him.

The next question is, how does he manage to receive his money from all these paintings/drawings. There must be somebody out there who knows who he is ! Excuse me Mr/Mrs Somebody, could you pass on to Banksy how I've stuck up for him and that I wish him well ?
I think hes a very astute chap tbh....good luck in all he does!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think hes a very astute chap tbh....good luck in all he does!!
I don't advocate graffiti but I do like some of his stuff.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't advocate graffiti but I do like some of his stuff.
Some of his stuff (graffiti) is very cleverly done isnt it LD
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Some of his stuff (graffiti) is very cleverly done isnt it LD
Yes Aysa, this is one of my favourites

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

07-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Love it !!
That piece is called "Mobile Lovers" can interpret that in more ways than one
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:45 PM

And while we’re on the subject, I can never understand how a person suddenly becomes a ‘label’ that everyone wants to buy or be seen wearing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top