Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm looking forward - tempting things to grow from T&M!

I am looking through my new T&M catalogue ....... what will tempt me to try next year?

Really fancy trying Pepino (Melon Pear) - sounds SO tasty!

Also tempted by High Sugar Mixed F1 hybrid Winter Squash.

Thinking about a kale - can't decide what sort. Any recommendations?

Does anyone have plans for next year's growing yet?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Re: I'm looking forward - tempting things to grow from T&M!

Blimey they have just settled down for a bit of a nap, leave it till after Christmas,my son grew Curly Kale once, but dont know much at all about it. I have given up on the gardening now just walk about and talk to the plants and feed and water, thats it for me,my favourite job used to be mowing the lawn with a pushing mower, miss that now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 05:21 PM

The only regret I have about moving into the retirement home: no garden!!! I spent hours trying out how to squeeze more things in my tiny City backyard vegetable bed than there was room for. I think I'll try basil and at least one tomato in the greenhouse here.....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Was it an American who said "If at first you dont succeed try try and try again,"if it wasnt it should have been.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Was it an American who said "If at first you dont succeed try try and try again,"if it wasnt it should have been.
I had to Google this as I didn't know; you're right!

The proverb has been traced back to 'Teacher's Manual' (1840) by American educator Thomas H. Palmer and 'The Children of the New Forest' (1847) by English novelist Frederick Maryat (1792-1848).

The original phrase: 'Tis a lesson you should heed, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.'
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 07:17 PM

T m what is that
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
T m what is that
Pixie, it is a seed catalogue that you can order seeds from ...... its proper name is Thompson & Morgan.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Hi Angie had my T and M catalogue but dare not look at it because I only have two raised beds so not enough room to grow all I would wish to grow .

Rather than Kale if you haven't grown it already I much prefer Purple Sprouting Broccoli which can be picked from June to October. I have grown 'Summer Purple' as well as a winter variety. It need good protection from the cabbage whites though .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Angie had my T and M catalogue but dare not look at it because I only have two raised beds so not enough room to grow all I would wish to grow .

Rather than Kale if you haven't grown it already I much prefer Purple Sprouting Broccoli which can be picked from June to October. I have grown 'Summer Purple' as well as a winter variety. It need good protection from the cabbage whites though .
How I'd have loved that much room! My plot was about 6 x 3 feet!! And I managed to shoehorn in 5 tomatoes, two hot peppers, two basils and a whole row of scalions!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 08:08 PM

I`m certainly looking forward to the next season-seeds already bought and love in my heart.

Not so sure about T&M though-a bit pricey for an old git

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top