Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 12:35 AM

Your Real Name

No, I'm not asking anybody to give their real name unless they want to, but the question is, do you like your real name?

I wasn't Christened Mollie but, after I was born whilst me mam was still confined back in 1949, me dad legged it off to to register the name he wanted me to have and, when he told her, me mam went mad and said she'd never ever call me that and I would always be called Mollie, or Moll, as she'd wanted to name me Caroline.

So, if you don't like your real name, what name would you have been preferred to be called?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 12:54 AM

Re: Your Real Name

Im Kathryn... Its an ok name.. im usually called Kat but those are actually my initials. My mum has always called me Cassie or Cass.
Im sure I answered this very recently on someones thread??
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:15 AM

Sorry if I've started a new similar thread. It wasn't deliberate.

My mum was Christened Maggie, and she hated it. All her family called her that and even her nieces and nephews referred to her as Aunty Maggie but she really didn't like it and she'd occasionally call herself Margaret, which she preferred. My dad always called her Peggy, which she was much happier with.
shazkebab
Victoria, Australia
shazkebab is female 

26-11-2011, 01:54 AM

I'm Sharon, which apparently was a VERY popular name in Oz in the 60s because I work with 5 others, which is really unusual. I always wanted a boy's name growing up though....like Peta or Bobby or Toni or some such...I think Enid Blyton's to blame for that
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

26-11-2011, 02:07 AM

I like Peta, Toni and Bobby for girl's names.

I sometimes wonder why folk call their kids a certain name though. In my time I've heard of kids being called Oliver Twist and David Copperfield.

I used to have a list of crazy names and, if I can find it again, I'll put them on here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 10:25 AM

but the question is, do you like your real name?
My name is my name given to me after much thought by my parents. Whether I like it or not is immaterial really. I have had it for over 60 years so am used to it now

And I really don't mind what people call me, as my uncle used to say 'as long as they don't call me late for my dinner'
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 10:36 AM

I am called after my Mum (Rose) and my Dad's youngest sister (Mary) and he registered me as "Rosemary" - he also added in "Veronica" as my middle name, as it was my Mum's confirmation name, although she "turned" Protestant when she married my Dad!

At work, I was called Rose or Rosie - my friends call me Rose but my best friend in America still calls me Rosie!!

I prefer my full name "Rosemary" though!!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm named Bridget after my dads Auntie and I hated it as a child as I thought it was old fashioned and I sounded like a boy. I wanted a pretty girls name. I quite like it now and until recently I didnt really know anyone else with the same name but now where I work there are lots of Bridgets, its really strange and I work with someone called Bridget too.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Real name Jean, I was called after my grandmother on dad's side, my youngest brother always calls me Jeannie. I like my name short and sweet, just like me lol.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
I'm named Bridget after my dads Auntie and I hated it as a child as I thought it was old fashioned and I sounded like a boy. I wanted a pretty girls name. I quite like it now and until recently I didnt really know anyone else with the same name but now where I work there are lots of Bridgets, its really strange and I work with someone called Bridget too.
The name Bridget made a comeback a few years ago after the film Bridget Jones' Diary was released.I have a few friends who named their children Bridget.
I was named after Shirley Temple but I'm always known as Shirl which I prefer..........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top