Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 02:40 AM

Winning the Lottery

Seriously. I know we've all thought about what we might do if we won a huge amount, but what would you do?

With great wealth comes great responsibility so, if you won several million pounds, what would you do with it?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 02:51 AM

Re: Winning the Lottery

Invest wisely. Share with my children and family. Recruit a team with the guidance and expertise to use the income from those investments to establish and maintain a charitable foundation to help others, scholarships for deserving students otherwise unable to continue their education, breakfast programs in local schools, contributions to the Salvation Army... lots of ideas... for myself perhaps a trip to India one day.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 07:52 AM

After securing the families future most of the money would be donated to Dogs Trust, Donkey heaven and the RSPCA.

Money does not buy genuine love and happines but it can make an animals life a whole lot better.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Well at the risk of being hung drawn and quartered,the RSPCA wouldn't get a penny.......
I know they do a lot of good work but my own experience of them has been dire.Long story concerning a ferral or abandoned cat we called Scrufty which I won't go into but the whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.....

I'd make sure we were secure in retirement,give my sister a huge chunk and would also donate to certain organisations...R.N.L.I. and numerous animal charities.

After that I'd have a blummin good knees up and blow the lot........
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 12:54 PM

It's just a dream at the moment, but if it came true I would have to wait untill I sobered up before I decided.
And that would take a long time
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 01:43 PM

well buy a nice home visit all my friends around the world
give some to my friends daughters brothers
my oldest brother sam his best friend did winn a few million a few years ago
his name was kevin hes in the uk he told my brother he would takes him on all trip fishing wow lol
he did they went to scottland and he poiad for just the food at mac donnalds fish chips think his monny is going to last lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 03:00 PM

I have never done the lottery so think I am unlikely to win
I prefer to spent the £1 per ticket on something tangible which will bring me pleasure now rather than on an impossible dream.

Speaking hypothetically if I did win lots of money I would give just about all of it away. I have never had the slightest desire to be rich , being thrifty is second nature to me after all these years.

I get a lot of pleasure from looking forward to small treats, the occasional bottle of decent wine or being taken out for a meal. If one had lots of money and these things were available all the time they would no longer give the same pleasure.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 05:54 PM

I would buy a small house by the sea in Ireland ,have enough to live a good life and give the rest to animal charities.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 06:25 PM

Id sort my family out then I would start up a dog rescue and I would also help out children with aquired brain injuries.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 09:23 PM

If I won, I would first buy my children houses, where they wanted to live. Then I would get a ticket to Australia, buy a nice place to live. Where I would stay for our winter's. Come back for our summer each year. Give some to charity's, and invest the rest.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top