Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 08:12 PM

Children Should Be Seen And Not Heard.... Shouldn’t They?

Not these days, Loudmouths Rule!!

So there l was traipsing round the shops in my quest to find Seabrook’s Ready Salted Crisps (see thread in ‘Food And Drink’ for an explanation!)

Asda only had Ready Salted Crinkle Crisps, l don’t like Crinkle crisps!! So, next stop, Poundland where the Royal, whoops, Royale Family shops!
I was browsing the selection of crisps when l became aware of a loudmouth, verging on Slimming World candidate shouting his mouth off from another aisle. He was all of 9.. maybe 10?
They didn’t have the crisps l was looking for either so l bought some reading glasses as l can’t see out of prescription ones!

I leave the store and go to M&S and as l was on my way back to my car, l spy the ‘loudmouth kid’ tucking into a box of McDonalds, probably a Happy Meal plus a Flurry and a Coke!
Even with his mouth full and with his relatives, he was there ‘King Of The Castle’, mouthing it.

So l ask when did ‘Children should be seen and not heard’ disappear and now appear to be replaced with ‘confidence plus little loudmouths’?

I still say, there are lots of nice kids but the loudmouths seem to command the audience!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 08:39 PM

Re: Children Should Be Seen And Not Heard.... Shouldn’t They?

YES! Well sorta. Kids should know what is and is not acceptable behaviour and do what they are told when they are told and ask why if they feel it appropriate at some future time.

Both of us believe that loving your little gobshite and making it know that you do is absolutely #1 but being the little sod's parent must not be set aside in order to be it's friend.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
YES! Well sorta. Kids should know what is and is not acceptable behaviour and do what they are told when they are told and ask why if they feel it appropriate at some future time.

Both of us believe that loving your little gobshite and making it know that you do is absolutely #1 but being the little sod's parent must not be set aside in order to be it's friend.
TAT, l suppose it changed when you weren’t allowed to give your child a little warning tap when they were being really naughty. The parents became criminals.
I don’t go with ‘naughty steps’ or locking in rooms until they see the error of their ways, as l feel that’s cruel and messes with their head.
Then they were allowed to take you to court and ‘divorce you’!!
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 08:46 PM

When I was a young person deciding whether or not to have kids, all I had to do was go to the store and listen to the loudmouthed, bratty kids. That was another nail in the coffin of me giving birth. And kids are worse now. I'm so glad I didn't have any.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2021, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
When I was a young person deciding whether or not to have kids, all I had to do was go to the store and listen to the loudmouthed, bratty kids. That was another nail in the coffin of me giving birth. And kids are worse now. I'm so glad I didn't have any.
Sage, You saved a lot of money and worry too!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 10:59 PM

I believe that pain is the universal method of preventing kids from thinking that they can do what they like, and parents are only there to pander to their every whim. You only need to inflict it once because kids have a good memory....It then just becomes a deterrent....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:08 PM

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I believe that pain is the universal method of preventing kids from thinking that they can do what they like, and parents are only there to pander to their every whim. You only need to inflict it once because kids have a good memory....It then just becomes a deterrent....
Totally agree.

But not just kids. Flogging should be reintroduced to a sentencing option for young adults too, especially arrogant "entitled" students who are so involved in this outbreak of anarchy that is now spreading.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Totally agree.

But not just kids. Flogging should be reintroduced to a sentencing option for young adults too, especially arrogant "entitled" students who are so involved in this outbreak of anarchy that is now spreading.
Who will be the "flogging master" Art?..Will you apply for the job?. Would you be flogging young women as well as young men?..Would it be in public?..in front of their parents?. What if they were just caught up in the crowd but found guilty anyway by a judge that thinks like you?. Could you be 100% sure that they really deserved to have you tear the flesh off their backs with a whip?..Is that the kind of flogging you're talking about?..Or is a "mickey Mouse" flick with a cane on the hand?..If so why bother?..If you're not going to cause agony and scarring and draw blood?...So I guess you mean a real severe prolonged torturous and obscene beating yeah?...LIke the old days. I guess. Would you enjoy it? Do not think for an instant that these are rhetorical questions. AS you say I am deadly serious. You are advocating a punishment that has been deemed barbaric, inhumane, cruel and obscene by every civilised country on Earth. In fact, Art it's mostly only the so called "Mohommadans" - the people that you pillory incessantly - that still use it. Maybe you are more like them than you think. Umm..nobody gets judicially flogged in my country. And our young people make us proud every single day in every way imaginable. Mostly they are healthy, happy, intelligent, competitive, fit, well mannered and very supportive to our senior citizens. I volunteer with them all the time. Teenagers, early 20s and 30s. Indigenous, white, black and MUSLIM!! Even the ones that demonstrate do it with reason and responsibility. Why is that? YOu said recently with arrogance and hubris that you do EVERYTHING better in your part of the world..So if that;s the case Art why do you need to flog your young people??..
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 02:46 AM

For whose benefit would this flogging be?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top