Join for free
Page 10 of 505 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:16 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Sure it has but not on a scale like this and not all controlled and coordinated from one central political party. There are some major qualitative differences with how China is doing it. Why don't you look at the well researched and authoritative sources of references I have offered you?..THey explain the difference..I am not pulling this out of a hat. THese will explain where I am coming from. But whatever. The thread is about the virus. I was just responding to one part of the OP. I'm not looking to hijack it. YOu are free to take or leave what I say sure. I'm just offering some reference and back up to statements I make. No more than that. I can't go and read them for you. As for the bushfires..Sorry I need you to clarify "keep the virus isolated unlike the bushfires in Australia" ...Tell me if I'm wrong but do you mean the bushfires here should have been kept isolated?..If so what do you think thousands of people from four countries have been trying and largely succeeding...to do day and night for the last 4 months? Just asking.

As you confirm KZ , the thread was about the virus?
I dont think you are in a conspiracy to hi-jack the thread though!
My reference to the bush fires was as an anology to the spread of
a virus! Particularly the inference of ' too little, too late'??
Donkeyman!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:22 AM

Whatever the in's and out's of it - coronavirus is downright scary - especially if, as has been alleged, the damn thing keeps mutating!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Whatever the in's and out's of it - coronavirus is downright scary - especially if, as has been alleged, the damn thing keeps mutating!
Just like the Andromeda Strain .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Just like the Andromeda Strain .....
EEeeek - I remember that one!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is the most unpleasant comment I've ever seen you post. If it came from a lab then it was clearly an unintentional accident because why would they seek to kill their own population? Perhaps they were experimenting on wild animals and one escaped. It must be absolutely awful to be trapped there. This is a really horrible illness because they do not understand how it spreads despite precautions. Three weeks incubation without symptoms and you can apparently spread it. Just by breathing. That is really frightening for all of us.
All the more reason to isolate it then Annie dont you think?
BTW, I made no inference to the population being killed as you say!
but only that mass graves may be needed as part of the suppression
of the virus? However it is a possibility?
Donkeyman!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
EEeeek - I remember that one!
"Let's go to 500 microns!"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:04 PM

On the radio there was a discussion about the possibility of getting UK nationals home from China maybe flying them home then allowing them to go and 'self monitor ' their symptoms and requesting them not to mix with people. .

I can't understand why a hotel can't be commandeered and the people who have shared a flight quarantined. That would seem the safest course of action to me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
On the radio there was a discussion about the possibility of getting UK nationals home from China maybe flying them home then allowing them to go and 'self monitor ' their symptoms and requesting them not to mix with people. .

I can't understand why a hotel can't be commandeered and the people who have shared a flight quarantined. That would seem the safest course of action to me.
They are talking about bringing 100 Australian children back home from Wuhan (who went there for CNY - presumably the accompanying adults are on their own) but the Chinese government is not co operating which might be a good thing.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-01-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They are talking about bringing 100 Australian children back home from Wuhan (who went there for CNY - presumably the accompanying adults are on their own) but the Chinese government is not co operating which might be a good thing.
Thats what the isolation regulations are all about, to keep the
infections in one area! Not allow people to flow freely all around
the planet spreading whatever it is?
It might be inconvenient? But how inconvenient will it be if we get
a pandemic???
Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Something like Quatermass Swimmy? A very interesting twist to
things l think?
Heres another for you, its not a hospital they are building it is
a mass grave?

Donkeyman!
Oh yes, I do black humor.

But it's true, it doesn't look the least bit like a hospital.

Page 10 of 505 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top