Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:14 PM

Re: I really don't understand.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It says to me the people can do just what they like and not even get a reprimand for it.

I think police don't like to deal with what they see as domestic issues.

Its very wrong that they suggested you clear up the mess.

Its a sorry world we live in these days, gone are the days of the local bobby and also gone are the days of everyone having respect for the police, especially the youth of today although before anyone jumps on me I'm not meaning ALL youth of today lol.

The police just slapped him on the wrist,LQ,and told him to have "NO"!! contact with me,..the thing is though,if it hadn't been captured on cctv,they would have done nothing,..no wonder some people take the law into their own hands,I know it's wrong,but I can understand why they do it!.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
S
It still upsets me, to be honest. I spent my life trying to be fair to people, and then some selfish b'stard shits on me.
Sh1t happens. There are selfish, nasty people around.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That's very easy to say,but look at all the inconvenience it causes and how long it would take to get an injunction .
Agreed but it's just the way the law stands. The Police don't see this as a priority because it's dealt with elsewhere. Our council is still relatively helpful in such situations. Did you speak to your local council nuisance team?

I chucked out a mattress among other things once and booked a council collection. We left the stuff at the side of the house ready for the team. Overnight someone swiped the mattress. Three months later the cheeky sods put it back! I was infuriated and reported it as illegal dumping and eventually the council removed it. Took a while and a few calls. It has to be classed as fly tipping for them to act. As far as I was concerned that's what happened to us even though it was my mattress to start with.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Just as an aside as it's been mentioned, can anyone recommend a good cctv system? I was thinking it may be a good idea.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Agreed but it's just the way the law stands. The Police don't see this as a priority because it's dealt with elsewhere. Our council is still relatively helpful in such situations. Did you speak to your local council nuisance team?

I chucked out a mattress among other things once and booked a council collection. We left the stuff at the side of the house ready for the team. Overnight someone swiped the mattress. Three months later the cheeky sods put it back! I was infuriated and reported it as illegal dumping and eventually the council removed it. Took a while and a few calls. It has to be classed as fly tipping for them to act. As far as I was concerned that's what happened to us even though it was my mattress to start with.

Annie,I was giving my story as an instance,since my bollard has been fitted,I have had no problems,..council won't get involved,because it is on private property,so it's a civil matter.

My point was,I had to clean up his mess that he made on my property,I have to say though,he stays well away from me,since the PC spoke to him.

Oh crikey,I have a single bed,that I would like the council to dispose of,..I leave it outside for them to collect as well,I would never think of that happening!.

Only because of cctv footage.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Was it memory foam?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-05-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Annie,I was giving my story as an instance,since my bollard has been fitted,I have had no problems,..council won't get involved,because it is on private property,so it's a civil matter.

My point was,I had to clean up his mess that he made on my property,I have to say though,he stays well away from me,since the PC spoke to him.

Oh crikey,I have a single bed,that I would like the council to dispose of,..I leave it outside for them to collect as well,I would never think of that happening!.

Only because of cctv footage.
That's a shame your council is such a pain, ours are different. Noise nuisance is also on private land but they deal with that.

Pauline I really could not believe the cheek of some people with the mattress. Maybe they had a friend or relative staying but then to dump it back on my garden path! I was astonished.

This is why I'd like cctv. The other incident I've had is when a new neighbour a few doors down thought it was ok to stick his cardboard box in our recycle bin. I went round there and said, "I think this is yours". The guy's wife said "oh no it isn't". I said "oh yes it is, it has your address!". Silly so and so hadn't taken the address label off. It has never happened again
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:08 PM

I bet you get anonymous boxes now.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-05-2019, 10:11 PM

Hi Annie,I would reccomend QVIS,system,with the eyeball camera,I have had mine over 5 yrs,I still haven't had it serviced,I must get it done this year,lol.

It can hold up to 4 cameras,I have two,but hope to get another one installed,near my wildlife,so I can watch them.

The night vision is very good also,but those spider webs can cause visibility problems,..but my window cleaner takes care of them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-05-2019, 10:18 PM

Many thanks Pauline, I will look them up online. I like the idea of watching the wildlife too.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top