Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Re: The power of beauty

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm not sure about good looking being better treated but I do know if you are very overweight you aren't treated very well, I've been there myself, during my grief I gained a tremendous amount of weight and since I lost all the weight it's amazing now how I am suddenly not so invisible.

I kid you not.

People will go out of their way to talk to me now and strike up conversations, yet, when I was very overweight people out in public rarely spoke to me (unless they had no choice because I spoke to them first)

I find some people very shallow, at the end of the day I'm the same person I was back then, I just look different now, some people do judge a book by the cover and it's quite sad..

I don't know if you have seen the film Shallow Hal but it starred Gwyenth Palthrow in a fat suit .
She said the same that people ( who didn't know it was a film set they shot some in a hotel lobby ) just ignored her or slid their eyes over her as if she was invisible .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good looking people are treated better .

True or False ?
Good looking people go further in life, they meet other good looking people, windows of opportunities are opened. Good looking people get together with other good looking people, make good looking babies ...

Just talking from personal experience, growing up in that kind of opportunistic dog-eat-dog environment. Remember the 80s?

I suppose it happens on the corporate slippery pole but I don't really know.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:09 PM

Many women are quite plain but with make up on, they can be very beautiful.
So if they do well in life, doesn’t that knock the theory in the opening post?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good looking people are treated better .

True or False ?

No,I don't think I believe that...so False for me personally.

Now,if you were talking "money"..then the answer would be a definite,"Yes"!!.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

I suppose it happens on the corporate slippery pole but I don't really know.
There has always been huge pressure in a corporate environment to look a certain way and be slim and well groomed. This goes for both men and women. I don't remember seeing any overweight female execs. The women who were prone to put on weight were constantly dieting. Cleavage certainly helped you get ahead. But these days there's the same pressure on men to be good looking and fit.

it's no wonder that many of those corporate execs over fifty go off and start their own business. I've looked up some ex colleagues and they have set up cleaning businesses, photography businesses, even flower shops to get out of the constant grind. It's not easy to keep up if you are a woman in your fifties. I spend a lot of time worrying about getting older and not being noticed at work any more because you're just deemed past it. You're simply not allowed to age as a woman in such an environment. Both men and women lose their looks as they age and it's more stressful trying to age gracefully than the actual work.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Nah, some ladies are beautiful without slap or treatments, aren't they the lucky ones.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I do t know that I agree with this Art.
As an artist I see that beauty depends on the bones of the face mainly being symmetrical.
No amount of make up can change this .
Make up can cover skin blemishes but no much else .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:39 PM

Hi

I have always treated tall slim blondes very well.

They do not always return the compliment.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:46 PM

I believe a woman's beauty can mesmerise a few "old men"..........how can it be that this beautiful woman,can be attracted to I,......the man thinks...

The real friend explains to the "old man"....easy mate...she did her research on you!..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:48 PM

There is much truth in the saying - Beauty comes from within.

It cannot always be bought in a tube or pot.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top