Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Re: How Useful Are Walking Sticks For Those With Balance Problems?

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Gives a bit of security I suppose. Over the years, the people I see using them often look like they don't need them. Perhaps claiming benefits and wanting to look deserving.

Anyway there is a simple question there.
So in your qualified medical opinion some people that you have seen don’t need them and also claim benefits?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Ha! Anyone who is capable of walking in any shape or form, with any kind of aid, will not get disability benefits for mobility.

It's all about how your disability affects your life. If you can move from A to B you won't get it!
If honest, disabled folk can't get help, how would cheats get any?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You really do have a strange lack of consideration for others, Gravy.

I don't know one single person who uses a stick merely to 'claim benefits' or 'look deserving.'
He does like his sweeping generalisations
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:42 PM

I was given one by the NHS. I have never used it.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was seriously injured at work.

Doing what I was paid for, which was protecting the Public.

Yes, it was my choice to do so, I do not complain.

I loathe Terrorists, they have no place on this earth.

I object strongly to the suggestion that using a walking stick is an an indication of a reliance on Benefits.
Just as well you didn't see Fraud in the NHS last night you'd have been shocked to the core.

Spoiler alert - there are con-men out there.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
So in your qualified medical opinion some people that you have seen don’t need them and also claim benefits?
We've all seen people in that position caught out running marathons, competing in Karate tournaments.

I'm surprised a number on here are so ignorant of this.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 06:19 PM

We've all seen people in that position caught out running marathons, competing in Karate tournaments.

I have to agree with you on that one..some of the cheats have been caught red handed on tv.

They make it look bad for those who genuinely couldn't manage without their walking stick...or trolley
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:36 AM

Whereas others are simply ignorant ?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:46 AM

I do not want to get caught benefit cheating so I no longer run marathons, I no longer do free fall parachute jumping, I no longer go scuba diving, I do not do bungee jumping, I do not go mountaineering.
I will just continue wobbling along the the lane with my walking stick as many other 92 year olds do. That way I cannot be accused of benefit cheating.
Gravitas
North England

11-07-2019, 11:04 AM

Not for the first time I asked a simple question, but few even tried to answer it.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top