Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:09 AM

Re: How Useful Are Walking Sticks For Those With Balance Problems?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I do not want to get caught benefit cheating so I no longer run marathons, I no longer do free fall parachute jumping, I no longer go scuba diving, I do not do bungee jumping, I do not go mountaineering.
I will just continue wobbling along the the lane with my walking stick as many other 92 year olds do. That way I cannot be accused of benefit cheating.
Big Ben, take no notice of silly comments like that, if everybody that used a walking stick was a benefit cheat our country would be asking for world aid.
Of course there are a few who try to cheat the benefits system, but it is wrong to assume that all who use a walking stick are committing fraud.
Being able to use a walking stick at the age of 92, and still walk, is something to be proud of.... but then people of your generation were strong, and proud that they could provide for themselves. Isn't that why most of us have great respect for them?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:36 AM

Thanks for your reply Twinks. To be honest, I don,t think Gravitas meant his/her original post was meant to be taken too seriously. Yes, there are benefit cheats out there, there always will be. It is just a way of life.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Thanks for your reply Twinks. To be honest, I don,t think Gravitas meant his/her original post was meant to be taken too seriously. Yes, there are benefit cheats out there, there always will be. It is just a way of life.
It was an aside I assumed everyone was aware of.

However I did stress in the O/P that I had asked a question (nothing to do with benefits) in an attempt to get people to answer it.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 11:38 AM

I carry my walking stick as I rarely need it, but don't feel comfortable if I don't have it with me.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JJ50 ->
I carry my walking stick as I rarely need it, but don't feel comfortable if I don't have it with me.
I suppose some people like the idea of having one case of attack.

Any thoughts on my question: how useful are they for people with balance problems?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't really get past your lack of empathy for people very easily!

The question itself is rather silly anyway.
What do you expect Mups? Still at least the thread title was adequate.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I suppose some people like the idea of having one case of attack.

Any thoughts on my question: how useful are they for people with balance problems?

I have balance problems from time to time and then it does come in useful, which is why I carry the thing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:27 PM

gravy me old mate

The day will come when you have to use a stick to get to the post office to collect your benefits. It will be such a shock for you, there you'll be in the queue not knowing what day it is or who the funniest comedians are and I guarantee when you get to the counter, you will forget to use the definite article.

All the younger people in the queue will be saying 'ah, what a shame, he doesn't use the definite article and he has no clue whether the football he watches is live or recorded.... poor old fella.'
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
gravy me old mate

The day will come when you have to use a stick to get to the post office to collect your benefits. It will be such a shock for you, there you'll be in the queue not knowing what day it is or who the funniest comedians are and I guarantee when you get to the counter, you will forget to use the definite article.

All the younger people in the queue will be saying 'ah, what a shame, he doesn't use the definite article and he has no clue whether the football he watches is live or recorded.... poor old fella.'
Do people still collect their 'benefits' from the PO, I assumed they came straight into a person's bank account these days?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JJ50 ->
Do people still collect their 'benefits' from the PO, I assumed they came straight into a person's bank account these days?
No idea.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top