Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Re: Central Heating insurance

We are thinking that way too now Azz thanks all for your answers ...
Sue
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Must agree that its much better to get a little man from round the corner as long as he is register under Corgi and Gas Safe, the insurance is a rip off.
Very good point Galty, always check their credentials, there's been a few stories in the news about bogus Corgi and GS imposters.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2009, 11:36 AM

At this moment intime we are having a boiler fitted so I suppose they (the insurers) knew more than us we are having a few problems as the old boiler was in a cupboard in the kitchen and the new boiler won't go in there so my kitchen has been destroyed many pipes, no cornices top and bottom, no under cupboard lighting, no cooker hood as wiring up the shoot..Only had hot water last night for a few hours... Am slightly p'd off to say the least but ho another day begins.....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
At this moment intime we are having a boiler fitted so I suppose they (the insurers) knew more than us we are having a few problems as the old boiler was in a cupboard in the kitchen and the new boiler won't go in there so my kitchen has been destroyed many pipes, no cornices top and bottom, no under cupboard lighting, no cooker hood as wiring up the shoot..Only had hot water last night for a few hours... Am slightly p'd off to say the least but ho another day begins.....
I'd be peed off as well Sue not having any heating or hot water. Fingers crossed it gets sorted real soon for you.
suey
Shropshire

20-11-2009, 08:35 PM

A few hiccups later and the new boiler is up and running it's lovely to have hot water warm house and not have to go 20 miles for a shower and to get my washing dry....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 09:52 PM

I bet you really appreciate that lovely new boiler now!
suey
Shropshire

24-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I bet you really appreciate that lovely new boiler now!
It's sooooo lovely ... Thanks Mags
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 05:23 PM

I was always told the new boilers aren't a patch on the older ones, but since weve moved here and the boiler is fairly new I find it very efficient and really alot more efficient than the old one we had in our last house. I'm quite pleased with this one. I'm sure you're new boiler will be the same Suey.
suey
Shropshire

26-11-2009, 09:33 PM

It is Ali the house is so cosy now not that the old one was any worse for warming the house but it's nice to know you haven't got a 20+ odd year old boiler that could go at any time looming over you....It's been worth all the upheaval....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 11:57 AM

I was insured by the company who installed my gas central heating but after the first year's service, it was too expensive so changed to Scottish Gas - £13 per month, which is cheaper. It is a combi boiler and not really that old - 4 years past in January!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top