Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 01:37 AM

Re: Afghanistan

I don't know enough about it to get into this but I don't like our General McCristal (I'm not sure of spelling) He had eight young boys in the bottom of an area surrounded by mountains and were perfect targets for all above. After all eight were killed, he said it wasn't too smart. Today he was on "Meet the Press" with another stupid answer saying he didn't read what he was supposed to or things would have been different.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Sigh. Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empires ...even Alexander couldn't conquer it. A very complicated quagmire indeed .....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sigh. Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empires ...even Alexander couldn't conquer it. A very complicated quagmire indeed .....
It's a desert DM, . . and it should be deserted IMO.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 09:59 PM

Our Vietnam all over again ......
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:03 PM

Our Vietnam all over again ......
I doubt it DM, . . your President is'nt that stupid, . . I was up during last night and watched CNN, they were having a debate about Afghanistan in the CNN studios, very interesting to hear what Americans think of the whole situation.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-11-2009, 10:33 PM

What I meant was it's an impossible war that we'd never should have gotten into, and need to get out with a bit of honor. Obama can do it if anyone can, I hope.
nero
Central Scotland

03-11-2009, 10:37 PM

What I meant was it's an impossible war that we'd never should have gotten into, and need to get out with a bit of honor. Obama can do it if anyone can, I hope.
It will be difficult DM, . . . the Taliban will still terrorise the west but we should put Afghanistan in "lock down mode", isolate everyone and everything in it, that way at least it'll help end their Heroin exports.
nero
Central Scotland

04-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Yet another five of our lads have been killed yesterday, by a policeman they helped to train too, he ran amok in a secure compound and wounded several more of our boys.

It does'nt matter how much we help the Afghanis does it, I suppose we'll always get the rouge ones, but they're like rabid dogs, you can't trust any Afghani IMO.

A spokesman said on TV we must support our troops, . .(where do these guys come from) . . I agree, . . we must support them to get back home here as soon as possible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 12:55 PM

What a tragic loss that was, my thoughts and sympathies go to their families and loved ones.
nero
Central Scotland

04-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a tragic loss that was, my thoughts and sympathies go to their families and loved ones.
My thoughts are with them too Mags, . . to date we've lost 229 men there, . . what a waste of fine lads.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top