Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 01:12 PM

Re: Afghanistan

It must be almost unbearable for the families of the lads who are serving in Afghanistan, wondering every day if they are safe.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 02:07 PM

nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Mr Brown admitted today, the reason we're there is to disband the Taliban and Al Qaeda and end international terrorism, . . . Wake up sir, even if we drive them underground the rats will come up else where.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 02:27 PM

I wonder if this might be a 'watershed moment'?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 03:06 PM

I wonder who advises our leaders on this mess, . . we all know, . . except the "advisers", . . that Al Qaeda and the Taliban have infiltrated every country in the west.

There's thousands of them living in our societies just waiting for the signal from their leaders to commit atrocities.

Al Qaeda has a cunning plan methinks, . . " keep fighting the allied troops in Afghanistan, . that way we'll tie down thousands of their troops and it'll give us more scope in their home countries ".

Bring our lads home and put them to good use here making the country more secure.
nero
Central Scotland

04-11-2009, 08:20 PM

For the first time I heard an MP saying this evening it would be better for the allies to fight terrorism at home rather than Afghanistan.

I dearly hope he's not the only one who thinks this way, . . it was on national news so hopefully those who will make the decision to bring them back will take it on board.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It must be almost unbearable for the families of the lads who are serving in Afghanistan, wondering every day if they are safe.
Think I've posted this before, but my niece's hubby is going out there just after Christmas-at the moment he is over in England, somewhere in the middle of nowhere training - just thinking about it makes me go cold. My thoughts are with all families who have members of their family out there.
nero
Central Scotland

05-11-2009, 10:53 AM

Just heard BBC's John Snow, who's out there saying, and I quote, . . " the policeman who did the shooting hopped on a motorbike and sped off, . . probably to his pals in the Taliban, . . they all know where to find them".

The mind boggles don't it, . . we're training them to end insurgency but they all know how to find the insurgents.

Get our lads home now
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 11:18 PM

The TV was interrupted a few minutes ago to tell us there was a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas and they have accounted for 12 killed and 31 injured so far. It looks like there may have been more than one shooter.

This happened in a building that is used to deploy soldiers to Irac and Afghanistan and it seems they were at that process when the shooting happened. The general there spoke and said the one shooter that was shot was a soldier. Two taken into custody were soldiers.

News said 483 boys have been killed from the deployments there. It's so sad for everyone and even those under such unbelievable stress. The whole story isn't out and I'm sure you will hear some on your tv tonight.
nero
Central Scotland

06-11-2009, 12:16 AM

I saw that item just before I logged on here Joan, . . I suppose we'll always get the nutters but it's a shame innocent lads are the victims.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top