Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Barry George

This man served 8 Years in prison for (according the Appeal Court Judges)a crime he did not commit.

He wins libel damages against Murdoch's papers for out and out lies they printed about him after his release.

And yet he is still under Police surveillance.

Think the police should spend more of their time in trying to bring the real Murderer of Dando to Justice.

Bit like the Stag case.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Re: Barry George

I would hate to be a person who the police had determined had 'dunnit'. Particularly if I was eccentric/odd or downright really mentally ill. It must be so easy to make the evidence fit the facts as you see them - and the further you get into it the more convinced you become.
I would also hate to be a police officer - they receive tons of confessions for every murder
Another horror of mine is being on a jury in a difficult case, hearing one lot of expert evidence from one side, only to have it totally demolished by the expert appearing for the other side.

Easy to be wise after the event but I never thought there was enough evidence in the Dando case.

What a wierd case that was and what a lot of unanswered questions. Eastern European gangsters? Surely some sort of 'professional' outfit, capable of carrying out an 'execution' and cover their track? Or maybe not - will we ever know? I doubt it. The only saving grace is that it is unlikely there will be repeat crimes, unlike the actual killer of Rachel Nickell - though I think maybe all his other crimes were before Rachel?
LynX
Cornwall
LynX is female  LynX has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 12:50 PM

I would hate to be a person who the police had determined had 'dunnit'. Particularly if I was eccentric/odd or downright really mentally ill. It must be so easy to make the evidence fit the facts as you see them - and the further you get into it the more convinced you become.
I agree wholeheartedly.
As you said what a strange case that was. I wonder how much we don't know about it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:19 PM

The appeal court judges say he's innocent yet the cops are still watching him you say, . . that don't make sense to me,. . . there's lots of other homicides unsolved as you say that need looking into.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top