Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Re: Would you admit on national Radio that you`re a rubbish mother?

Sadly I see a lot of that sort of parenting where I live. Kids from 4 upwards are still out playing late at night well after dark.
They start playschool at 3 years old and if they don't want to do something they F and blind at the playschool teachers and tell them where to get off in no uncertain terms.
This country is going to end up a scary place to live in 10 years or so as that behaviour is, it seems, the norm these days.
I blame the do gooders who made it illegal to give a child a clip round the ear if they are cheeky and discouraged parents from giving thier child a short sharp smack.
It never done me any harm and I have always had a lot of respect by being bought up this way.
If someone gave me a clip round the ear when I was out playing I didn't dare go running to my mum as I would have got another off her and been grounded.
These days if you done that to a child the parents would be on your doorstep to either beat hell out of you or with the police.
Sadly I think children rule this world and know it.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 09:34 PM

the thing is this smacking rule dont stop the bad mums from giving their children a bad good hiding.they do it on the sly.
it also means the mums scream and shout at the kids, my god some of the thingss ive heard shouted at the kids while im out shopping. makes me feel ill. if they cant control the kids, why have them???
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2009, 10:27 PM

I actually heard one mum scream at her small child "Don`t you F&*!ing swear at me!"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Why do some parents expect other people to discipline their parents?
Because it's all about me, me, me, can't be bothered to learn about parenting, probably can't read or write either.

Originally Posted by nero ->
children need guidance in their informative years and they aint getting it are they.
They sure do Denis, and while there has always been a small minority of bad parents I can't help feeling that the numbers are increasing dramatically nowadays.

Originally Posted by Sweep ->
Read about this in todays paper....hhmmmm can just imagine the Mother saying" look you're in the Paper too"
Yes, this is what i call the 'Media adulation' thing, many poor and ignorant people think of being on telly or in the papers (for whatever reason) to be a good thing

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Some people just shouldn't have kids....!
And those that do should have to pass an exam on parenting and it should be hard too.

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Youi have hit the nail on the head Az, its not she cannot control him, she has never bothered to teach him right from wrong!
Ignorance is no excuse for poor parenting, get a book, read up on the subject, it is afetr all a complex one,.............oh sorry I forget many of these Mums (and Dads) can't read can they??

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Sadly nothing surprises me where kids and parents are concerned.
Me neither

Originally Posted by madmare ->
If someone gave me a clip round the ear when I was out playing I didn't dare go running to my mum as I would have got another off her and been grounded.
These days if you done that to a child the parents would be on your doorstep to either beat hell out of you or with the police.
Sadly I think children rule this world and know it.
This is so true...............what the hells is the answer ??? I wish I knew

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I actually heard one mum scream at her small child "Don`t you F&*!ing swear at me!"
Typical

Interesting thread but also a sad one, personally I can't see any way of improving the situation, the media are so keen to jump on any parent who tries to impose discipline, the teachers are so scarred of the 'legal liabilty charge' and the general public dare not intervene when they see bad parenting, so what's the answer ?????????????

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top