Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:16 PM

Re: Shingles Injection Query.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You know real, no matter how healthy we keep ourselves we are all gonna die eventually. Just the word shingles is a fear in itself. Sometimes the healthiest of people develop auto immune conditions. The way you talk is so patronising at times.

I do agree with a lot of what you say but in this occasion you yourself are on a fear campaign, that fear being fear of the medical profession. A simple answer would have been more appreciated instead of the essay making people who might opt for the vaccine feel stupid!
Were it down to such scaremongering we'd still be dying of smallpox. I'm sure people were worried at the time that came out that they were being injected with an animal derived vaccine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The vaccine is proven to prevent about 40% of shingles in those between 70 and 79 and reduce symptoms and severity by 50% of those who are vaccinated but still have a shingles attack.

The NHS only give it to that age group because it's not considered cost effective for other groups. The reason it's given is because shingles can be life threatening in the elderly and especially if you have other conditions.

If you have had an allergic reaction to ingredients then of course you should not have the vaccine. It's always a personal choice but this isn't something you will catch from others if you have the vaccine. Pretty much everyone is a carrier of Herpes Zoster even if you haven't had an episode of Chicken Pox you're likely to have a dormant virus.

This is an Australian source :

http://www.ncirs.edu.au/assets/provi...fact-sheet.pdf
Annie, On the other hand, could this age group be being used as guinea pigs for such a new vaccine?

Why would l take into my body a dose of Shingles when l have never had Chicken Pox, neither did my brother or sisters.
I have never caught Chicken Pox or Shingles, even after being in constant contact, over the years, with people suffering with both illnesses.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Hi Art...I have had shingles three times in my life and it's the most miserable illness that I've ever had...

In 1982 I contracted shingles on my waist, tummy and back an it lasted about two months.

Then in the summer of 2012, once again they reared their ugly head and this time I had them in my scalp...so painful...and lasted about 2 months also.

About 4 years ago I had the vaccine...

Fast forward to earlier this year and suddenly they appeared for the third time...on my lower back... I don't think they were as bad this time...probably because of the vaccine and a script for a drug...that if you take it right away, it helps with the pain...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Art...I have had shingles three times in my life and it's the most miserable illness that I've ever had...

In 1982 I contracted shingles on my waist, tummy and back an it lasted about two months.

Then in the summer of 2012, once again they reared their ugly head and this time I had them in my scalp...so painful...and lasted about 2 months also.

About 4 years ago I had the vaccine...

Fast forward to earlier this year and suddenly they appeared for the third time...on my lower back... I don't think they were as bad this time...probably because of the vaccine and a script for a drug...that if you take it right away, it helps with the pain...
BF, Did you ever have Chicken Pox?

My mother, my mother in law and a few ladies whose hair l used to do, had Shingles and l was constantly in contact with them all.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
BF, Did you ever have Chicken Pox?

My mother, my mother in law and a few ladies whose hair l used to do, had Shingles and l was constantly in contact with them all.
Yes Art, I did have the chickenpox...I caught them from my brother when I was a kid...

I am thinking about getting the new vaccine...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, On the other hand, could this age group be being used as guinea pigs for such a new vaccine?

Why would l take into my body a dose of Shingles when l have never had Chicken Pox, neither did my brother or sisters.
I have never caught Chicken Pox or Shingles, even after being in constant contact, over the years, with people suffering with both illnesses.
It's not a new vaccine or experimental in any way. It's used worldwide and is particularly effective for 70-79 year olds.

You don't have to have it, but it's not a bad thing. If you have had chicken pox then you won't be infected by someone with shingles, but if you hadn't then you would have been pretty sick as adult chicken pox is harsher than the child version. Just because you didn't have the full blown illness with a rash doesn't mean you didn't have it.

Anyway hopefully you will never contract either disease.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:11 PM

Art, do what you think is right for whatever reason you think is right

I don't take any inoculations offered due to age and being a carer - and Ive had flu twice in the past ten years

I also don't go for breast screening, even though my good friend and a SIL have both had cancer treatment due to abnormalities found during routine screening

Only you can weigh up the pros and cons and decide for yourself

Whilst realist does come across evangelical at times, all he's doing is giving other facts. His aren't wrong, same as the NHS ones aren't wrong, Its up to the individual to research and decide
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Of course it's up to individuals to decide whether they want to be vaccinated and shingles isn't a normal vaccine in that it doesn't stop you contracting varicella zoster in the first place.

But in terms of facts, the facts are that vaccines save lives and that's not just in stopping deaths but in giving people who might otherwise have a disabling condition a normal life. Such as in avoiding cases of meningitis and in particular near global eradication of polio since the vaccine came out in the 1950s. I watched "Breathe" recently, a film about how a man paralised from the neck down by polio in his twenties goes on to change the way victims are treated. Without the vaccine we'd have had far more paralysis. The facts speak for themselves :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17045202
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 07:52 AM

Most vaccines inject a small dose of the infection, so small that your body is able to produce lots of anti-toxins, which remain in your body & are able to protect you if you do catch the disease at a later date.
I don't think I have ever caught diseases like Diphtheria, Smallpox or Polio, but if I had caught them and hadn't had my jabs, I doubt I would have still been here to tell you about it!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Most vaccines inject a small dose of the infection, so small that your body is able to produce lots of anti-toxins

Interesting concept that isn't it? If your body is capable of generating the anti bodies to combat viruses like this then why shouldn't it be able to do so as and when the actual virus comes your way?!

It's not like the Shingles virus is somehow massive suddenly. Equally it's not like you're going to get what might figuratively be deemed "bucket loads" of the virus when you contract it. Most likely, like all viruses, you will get a tiny number of the viruses from some contact with it and the viruses will then replicate and multiply over time, hence the incubation periods we see with viruses like colds/flu and tummy bugs like Norovirus.

Combatting bugs and viruses is a known process. Your body knows what to do and IF YOU LET IT, it WILL get on an fight the virus quite happily. As Artangel says, taking a vaccine guarantees that you are getting a dose of the virus whereas we can take our chances and hope we don't get it.

As I have said counteless times, the fraudulent medical industry purposefully dupes people and preys on their weak minds by using "Campaigns of Fear". It is VERY effective at scaring people who then trot off for these potions, pills and vaccines like robots.

Yes, logically there is some sanity in their decision, they don't want to contract the condition, be it flu, shingles or whatever so they do what they think is the right thing and get vaccinated. What they miss is the research to get to the facts, they are lazy, simply hope for someone else to hold their hands through life and make their health decisions for them and as such they are cash cows for the medical industry who will continue to exploit their naivety and weakness pretty much until they day they die.

The number of Shingles cases each year in the UK is 50,000.

There are millions of people in the UK.

50,000 is a tiny tiny amount.

Your chances of catching Shingles is therefoire ridiculously small.

The "terror tactics" don't mention this. They concentrate on the effects, the severity and always say "Oh but you could die" so it's "better to be safe than sorry".

It's a con, a fraud, any way you cut it. The risk is tiny.

And even if you DID catch Shingles, for many people it would be a temporary discomfort which will pass.

Again it all comes back to how you view and treat your body.

The body is a powerhouse of healing abilities, utterly mind boggling in its complexity and wondrous efficacy. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that the Big Pharma fat cats can produce that comes remotely close to the amazing self sustaining healing ability of the body.

But the body is a machine, an engine, and it needs fuel otherwise its abilities are compromised. If you don't think of your body as a machine and live your life to please your whims and desires and eat and drink junk, lots of alcohol, bad processed food, tons fo sugars and sweeteners then you are literally self destructing. You are killing yourself slowly and relentlessly, each time chipping away at some function of the body until it is compromised which affects another function of the body which then gets compromised and so on.
Reach for Big Pharma pills, potions and vaccines and you'll damage yourself further, hurt your immune system and head off into a death spiral, requiring more and more pills, potions and vaccines until as I sad earlier . . . you die.

Nature knows best. Your body knows best. Just give it the strongest fuel you can and it will do the rest.

Your immune system is your main defense. We should be feeding it EVERY DAY with goodness. Strong vitamins from nature's fruits (lemons, grapefruits, oranges etc), the myriad of great healing compounds in things like garlic and ginger and herbs and spices. Reject bad foods, not because they sound bad but because you know instinctively that you would be self harming to eat them. They are NOT treats which are ok to eat on your chosen excuse . . . it's Friday, it's Easter, it's Christmas, it's my birthday. Why would you harm yourself? Who taught you to do that? Who suggested it was ok to do even occasionally?

Feed your body, fuel your immune system, be the best you can be, be strong, powerful, and have no need whatsoever to ever get involved in the Big Pharma scams.

Flu vaccines . . . . NO
Shingles vaccine . . . NO
Mamographs . . . NO

etc

Don't be lazy. YOUR health is YOUR responsibility not that of the NHS or others. DO the research. Educate yourself and thereby protect yourself from those that seek to make you purposefully ill. Don't become a victim in the War On Your Health.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top