Join for free
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

What the hell is going on? Watching the House of Commons this week all I’ve witnessed are back-stabbing, self-serving MP’s from all parties. Usually, we can at least hope on the main party leaders holding them to account, but they themselves are too intent on protecting their own positions so instead are just papering over the cracks.

Nevermore has a party such as Ukip been needed at a time like this to hold these useless parties to account. Unfortunately, Ukip has never been so further from the chance of power, all thanks to that present numbskull leader, Batten, leading the party down a far-right course and alienating probably three-quarters of its previous supporters.

According to Nick Ferrari of the Express……

PARTIAL QUOTE

There’s more than a sporting chance that many of you reading this have at some time voted for Ukip and some of you possibly have joined the party or canvassed for them.
Ask yourself this: can you support a political party led by a man who has described Islam as a “death cult” and that earlier this year aired the idea of Muslim-only jails, additional screening of Muslims from certain countries and the abolition of the category of “hate crime”.

Leader Gerard Batten said the shift was designated to make Ukip “a populist party in the real meaning of the word” and he backed up his words by hiring activist and former leader of the English Defence League Tommy Robinson as a special advisor on rape gangs and prison reform.

All this was too much for Nigel Farage, who was a founding member of the party and dominated it for more than 20 years, leading it three times and presiding over its most successful period.

It was at the 2014 European elections that it became the first party in more than a century, other than the Conservatives or Labour, to win the most votes in a nationwide poll with 27.5 per cent. It had become a real force and it’s highly likely Britain would never have had its referendum if Ukip had not been on the scene. In truth, the referendum result will serve to be the party’s high water mark and also the start of its swansong.

Last week Mr Farage quit the party stating that “Under Gerard Batten’s leadership the party’s direction has changed fundamentally”, adding the “fixation with the issue of Islam makes Ukip unrecognisable to many of us”.

At a time when this nation is dangerously split enough already and our future course is hopelessly impossible to call, why would a party that once wielded such clout decide to follow such a divisive path as to single out one particular faith group for draconian treatment.

However for the party to concentrate on that now, with this nation’s future relationship with the European Union and the entire Brexit process in the balance, is the height of stupidity.

PART UNQUOTE

Don’t know about anyone else but I find it very sad that the one alternative party that many of us voted for in the past in the hope that Cameron would keep his word and call for a referendum, is no more!.
Whilst all the parties at present are running around like headless chickens, the one alternative party that many would have voted for today in the event of a general election, has now turned itself into a racist, far-left party, taking over the mantle from the BNP and English Defence League.

Ukip is now unfortunately toxic to most people who previously backed them. If Nigel had stayed, this would never have happened, (contrary to what idiots accused him of).
Who the hell do we vote for now? Just look at the rabble in charge of deciding our fate where the EU is concerned.

Very sad indeed. To be honest, if it does come to a general election, I will be writing “none of the above” so my vote is not spoilt. At least it will count and it will be a way of sticking two fingers up at the idiots on offer.

What do you think?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

No I have never and would never vote for UKip
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:59 PM

I think that Farage was got at. I'm not sure who by, I suppose it was by the same people that are determined to make Britain brown. Farage was getting too much support so he was asked 'nicely' to leave.

As I said in another thread, British politics at the moment has to be at it's lowest ebb, certainly the worst I have known personally over 50 odd years. They are all untrustworthy and incapable of doing the job and that includes all parties. There are no alternatives either.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Personally it took me some time to make up my mind to vote UKIP.
I knew and so did anyone with a ounce of sense that they had racial problems and the odd BNP and NF supporters amongst them did not help.

But in the end Farage won me over I thought he could deal with that problem along the way, and mainly because like the Opening Poster stated the other two parties where cutting their own throats and still are.

But I must admit now if it comes to a vote and Farage some how got back the leadership of UKIP I would not waste any ink on voting UKIP again.
I feel the guy once again let everyone down after the people of this country showed their loyalty to him and his party.
He walked away not once but twice and now you say he as done it again.
The guy as made himself look like a joke.

What a pity because he as so many good plans and so many followers at one time.

I will say this anyone votes Conservative or Labour at this present time must be nutters.
They are all a bunch of back stabbing wankers the lot of them and the country needs a complete new party to lead it and that should not include any rejects from the 2 main party's but they should come from the younger generations of all religions.

If our country is multi cultural then so should our Government be.
The only thing I would state is they should be born in this country to serve it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:34 PM

I would never press the like button for Farage - even if the button was a knob. The man is a menace and just as self serving as the rest of them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:42 PM

He was on the radio this morning stating that if a new referendum was offered, he would form a new party to fight for Brexit. We'll have to wait and see.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Have to agree with you LG. I well recall the racist calls against Ukip, and some of those supporters being portrayed would have looked more at home with the BNP. But all the same, I voted for them because of the main parties at the time, with their political correctness, threats and stifling of free speech towards those of us who were genuinely worried by mass immigration, were being totally ignored! At that time, Ukip really did seem to be the only party listening to the people. The rest is history.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now though.

Somehow, if there is to be a general election, I sincerely hope that every MP who voted remain to further their own career, when their constituents voted to leave, are kicked out on their backsides. We desperately need new working class blood in our Parliament, (and I don't mean that shower Labour), what we have at the moment are a shower of greedy careerists who simply do not care about the electorate and their wishes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Ukip is now unfortunately toxic to most people who previously backed them. If Nigel had stayed, this would never have happened, (contrary to what idiots accused him of).
Who the hell do we vote for now? Just look at the rabble in charge of deciding our fate where the EU is concerned.
UKIP was always toxic, ever since the days when Kilroy Silk was heavily involved it was tainted with xenophobia and racism. I blame UKIP for the mess we are in right now. They just stirred everyone up but have no solutions themselves. They can't even agree with each other and go flouncing off when it hits the fan.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 01:53 PM

I've never believed Nigel was a racist and he was able to keep the few in UKIP under control, he put in place rules meant BNP and English defense league couldn't join. Gerard is a racist and has rescinded those rules to get Tommy Robinson and his cohorts not just into the party but into places of power.

I think any new party has to forbid those people again and keep the party clean of racists. When ever they popped up in ukip Nigel banned them that has to continue.

I could never vote for UKIP as we never had a candidate here so I'll never know if I would have done.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He was on the radio this morning stating that if a new referendum was offered, he would form a new party to fight for Brexit. We'll have to wait and see.
That would be something Judd. I think if it was a new party formed to fight for what we were promised, I would vote for him. But as things stand at the moment, If there was to be another general election, Remainers would be laughing because there is NO-ONE I would vote for, and I imagine a great many Leavers feel the same way.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top