Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 08:06 PM

Atten... ( wait for it wait for it .....) shunn!

Never been to India but if I’m ever lucky enough to visit then this would be my main reason for going ... fascinating to me and something I’d love to see and experience ..

Anyone been ??

https://youtu.be/LZ0ue-XGl9c

https://youtu.be/6_wZhcsI5ns
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:16 AM

Re: Atten... ( wait for it wait for it .....) shunn!

I've been to Bradford a few times, does that count?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:36 AM

of all the places in the world India would be near the bottom as the last place to visit. Couple of reasons, the smell of curry really makes me want to throw up. Second apart from having injections the hygiene ,from what I have seen on TV, has a lot to answer for.
On the plus side a very colourful country with interesting places to see.

The far east ie having gone to China and soon Japan really gets me interested. but that is my preference
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Spent 7 months in Kerala (the bottom South-West corner of India) as an infant when my Grandad worked on the Indian State Railway. Had a wonderful time there.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 06:53 PM

I have never been to India but my ex partner went on business there once. I don’t know what he ate but he was so ill, they thought he was dead on the plane back and had to be helped off the plane.
He was ill for weeks after and had to go the doctors for medication.

Sort of puts you off really!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:21 PM

I would probably enjoy those ceremonies and parades but I have never wanted to go to India on holiday. It just looks such a filthy, unhygienic place. Who wants Delhi Belly anyway?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Never been to India but if I’m ever lucky enough to visit then this would be my main reason for going ... fascinating to me and something I’d love to see and experience ..

Anyone been ??

https://youtu.be/LZ0ue-XGl9c

https://youtu.be/6_wZhcsI5ns
Yes, I've been twice. It's a fascinating place and I loved it. So many funny stories and adventures!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I would probably enjoy those ceremonies and parades but I have never wanted to go to India on holiday. It just looks such a filthy, unhygienic place. Who wants Delhi Belly anyway?
It's one of the few foreign countries where neither of us got ill once. Like most hot places, just avoid salads and food that's been sitting around. As for filthy and unhygienic, have you ever seen kitchens of some eating places in the UK?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It's one of the few foreign countries where neither of us got ill once. Like most hot places, just avoid salads and food that's been sitting around. As for filthy and unhygienic, have you ever seen kitchens of some eating places in the UK?
Yes I take your point and I'm sure the recognised holiday resorts are top quality with their food and hygiene, but India does look a dirty place.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:57 PM

I know we went past this place, can't remember if we actually went inside - I was too young to appreciate it anyway if we did, I would love to go back to Kerala, but not gonna happen, not allowed to do 'long distance' flights anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top