Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 04:47 PM

One foot in the grave

The very fact you are here in this forum means I imagine you are one foot in the grave and a lot closer to your last day here than your first on this planet and reading this story got me to thinking , not directly about this lady’s story but about the question HOW WILL YOUR CHILDREN REMEMBER YOU ???

If you die early, how will your children remember you? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-47334604
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 04:54 PM

Re: One foot in the grave

At age 76 now,it's too late for Me to die early ,,But..I have been writing My Memoirs for quite a few years so My Children/Grandchildren/Gt.Grandchildren can read all about My Life as far back as I can remember (around the age of 4).
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Can't answer the question never bothered with kids far too selfish for that
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 05:25 PM

I don't think kids these days are interested in all that twaddle about what we did when we were kids - society has become to fast and selfish driven!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I don't think kids these days are interested in all that twaddle about what we did when we were kids - society has become to fast and selfish driven!
Perhaps not as interested when they are young gumbud, but I think certainly as the years roll on and they get older many of our children will.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Perhaps not as interested when they are young gumbud, but I think certainly as the years roll on and they get older many of our children will.
I think You're right Aerolor,...I loved watching the tv programme 'Who do You think You are'...fascinating...though it wouldn't have interested Me when I was a young Woman.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Depends if I leave them any money if I will be remembered favourably or not.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 03:45 PM

My kids will remember me for being in running clothes (a shame because I really do have decent apparel) , letting an endless of parade of dogs into the family ("No more dogs!"), correcting their grammar ("He ran me over." "He ran you over what?"), wrestling dough into bread while muttering under my breath about my incapacity to do anything, dragging them out of warm beds at 2 AM to see something in the night sky, and waiting for waves on our surfboards, embarrassing them while singing (Come with me, my-hy love, to the sea the, the sea of love...) .

You see? They can/will blame me for everything

Inheritance = Therapy Sessions
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
HOW WILL YOUR CHILDREN REMEMBER YOU ???

That I say 'shut up' in a posh voice...

Funny you should bring this up Marmy () I've been wondering lately whether to chuck 'my life' out into the dustbin or burn it all. I'm not sure Miss Madam will be interested in seeing what I've done throughout my life.... what I looked like, what the family she never knew looked like and did, things I've achieved blah blah. Made me quite sad.
Although having said that, she is very sentimental about keeping things from her childhood, so I'd like to think she'd be interested in what I've stored away that she'll have to wade through when I've dropped off the plate
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
(Come with me, my-hy love, to the sea the, the sea of love...) .

Ah "Sea of Love" one of my favourites and the film was pretty good too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top