Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:59 PM

batch editing photos in Adobe elements14

So what is this all about???? let me try and explain.

often colours in a photo are not as one really sees in real life ,so how to get over it.

One way is to use a grey card and take a photo of it and use it as a preset instead the norm of sun-cloud -shade etc.

With adobe elements it is possible to import that grey card colour and use that as a custom setting same as in a camera

The problem I came up against was exporting back in RAW the new customs settings

I have been studying in Adobe Elements 14 how to
batch export to original files. Batch customising already found out how to do that (importing grey card) into elements as The customs setting.

Eventually found that one has to go into elements- edit- preferences- saving files- (tick box) Save as to original folder.
This then resets all the photos on the memory card to the correct preset colour still in RAW

Tried saving to desktop and it saves as being in elements not as a photo, unless one makes it into a Jpeg file.

So now I have batch edited with customs settings about 20 files back into my memory card.

Now with the correct colour in the memory card in RAW allows me to manipulate the photos as there is more data to work with

ok why all this bother??

Have we all not taken photos that are too bright or too dark and scrapped them!

using a custom preset in an editing suite makes it so much easier to correct. When you have 20/30 or more photos then you can start to see the problem. Correcting each one individually would be hours of work. this of course does depend on the daylight being about the same.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 08:23 PM

Re: batch editing photos in Adobe elements14

I'm glad we cleared that one up Realspeed......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 08:33 PM

OGF

Possibly if your not that heavily into photography it doesn't make much sense.

The above is more for those who want to correct a lot of photos with Adobe Elements editing suite.
as one gets more and more into photography there is a lot more to learn and i am still on the edge of understanding

In simple terms
When I mention using a grey card that is how a camera sees things not in colour a we do. it has been worked out that 18% grey is the ideal a camera works at and all colours come from that basic colour. it is the camera itself that converts to- red -green-blue (RGB) to produce the colour of a photo.

I suppose it is hard to understand the difference between Jpeg and RAW files.

How I tend to explain it in the very basic way one might understand if its like looking through sheets of glass. the glass representing data in the photo

With Jpeg files you may only see all the colours on the top sheet and so there is not much one can do to make major changes

With RAW files that is like having several sheets of glass all different colours underneath the top sheet.

So with RAW one has more choice of which colour to bring up and which to lessen.

OK i know it sounds stupid but that is the only way I can describe the difference between Jpeg and RAW as RAW files have more data to work with than a Jpeg file data
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 10:31 PM

RAW file is basically an image preserves most of the information from camera, such as sharpness and contrast, without processing and compressing. However, RAW format need to be converted to JPEG and other image formats which are more convenient for printing and sharing.

JPEG file is a commonly-used image file format, which will be processed and compressed by the capture device according to the settings made by the user before archiving. It is a very popular image format, and can be easily opened in most computers. The users can freely set the compression level to preserve the quality for their JPEG files - easy to use and convenient!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top