Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:19 AM

Well, l Didn’t Know That!

Last night, my daughter’s mobile phone fell out of her pocket and into the toilet. Splash! Screech!

No worries, she wiped it and put it straight into a bowl of rice for a while and now the phone is fine.

I had never heard of doing that before. Had you?

Or maybe you can tell me some more examples of ........
‘l didn’t know that’.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:25 AM

Re: Well, l Didn’t Know That!

Oh aye,rice is very versatile..when the arthritis in My hip gets painful I have a sock filled with it which I put in the microwave for a min' or 2 then apply until pain goes
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh aye,rice is very versatile..when the arthritis in My hip gets painful I have a sock filled with it which I put in the microwave for a min' or 2 then apply until pain goes
May, That’s another.. l didn’t know that!
I wonder who dreams all these remedies up?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Last night, my daughter’s mobile phone fell out of her pocket and into the toilet. Splash! Screech!

No worries, she wiped it and put it straight into a bowl of rice for a while and now the phone is fine.

I had never heard of doing that before. Had you?

Or maybe you can tell me some more examples of ........
‘l didn’t know that’.
Yes the rice absorbs the excess water

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose.
A useless tid bit of information you’ll never need
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes the rice absorbs the excess water

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose.
A useless tid bit of information you’ll never need
Bratti, l just tried it and produced a weird grunt instead! It hurt my throat too!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bratti, l just tried it and produced a weird grunt instead! It hurt my throat too!
You’re as silly as me
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:37 AM

It's impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2019, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's impossible to keep your eyes open when you sneeze.
Carol, Hang on, whilst l sniff some pepper!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 08:49 AM

Rice does have some good properties. Boiled rice can be drained and eaten. Great for stopping feelings of hunger.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Here's another use for rice that you might not have head of. You can do this for your grandchildren. YOung kids love these and we used to make them at school all the time. It's called a rain box. Grab one of those quite strong cardboard cylinders you end up with when the tin foil or greaseproof paper is finished. Stick lots and lots (and lots) of pins through the out side surface so the sharp ends are inside the cylinder and the head is flush with the outside surface of the cylinder. YOu need to use hundreds of pins and it takes a while but persist going round and round from end to end so they stick into the cylinder in all directions. Seal end of the pipe with strong cardboard or a plastic end plug then fill the pipe about a quarter with short grain rice. Then seal the other end. When you up end the closed pipe, the rice falls through and hits the pins making a sound like rain. YOu can decorate the pipe with anything you want. Little kids love them. The rice inside will last for years before it has to be replaced. Here's a picture of one I made for my son Peter when he was little.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_184236.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	9903  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top