Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 08:43 AM

Time for ID cards?

Not the simple to forge things but a thing like a driving license that can be read in the same way that credit and debit cards are read and linked back to a common data base.

With the huge and ever increasing number of people with no right to be in this country, with the huge increase that SHOULD be in that category once BREXIT is implemented having a form of identification of people is a thing that IMO is now essential.

Throw in the NHS situation where a formal identification and qualification method would be a step towards in resolving the payment problem.

Times have changed. The freedoms that we once took for granted are sadly now no longer affordable. Another "benefit" of EU membership, a thing that should have ended YEARS ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 08:54 AM

Re: Time for ID cards?

Hi

I have no issue with that, anyone who has a loyalty card already gives more information than an ID Card would give.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no issue with that, anyone who has a loyalty card already gives more information than an ID Card would give.
It rather depends on just what data and information an ID card would give access to though.

For example apart from photograph, sample of signature, NI number and record, immigration status, address or addresses for starters.

Sadly this is now passing just being needed and becoming essential as we move past BREXIT.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Germany has a compulsory ID card (Ausweis) System
This photo ID is the size of a credit card and has the person‘s name, date and Place of birth, Signature... as well as a biometric chip and is valid for 10 years.

Also, both Germans and foreign nationals living in Germany are obliged by law to register their address within two weeks of moving in and every time they change address
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:44 AM

I'd get one if they introduced them. I don't have a passport or drive a car so proving who I am is a nightmare.

Whilst years ago I'd probably have objected I wouldn't now. What with money laundering and immigrants it's a must.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:06 AM

Yes I dont have a problem having one if issued .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:09 AM

Ive got no problem with IDs Todgy! As you say it's becoming
essential now with brexit becoming a reality??
Perhaps it could be linked to your fingerprints as well which
should help our depleted police forces too?

Regards Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Why not 'Chip' us like dogs and cats....? Seriously!
I think that having your address on the 'Chip' or Card would require too much admin and expense. Cards that last ten years would frequently require updating for people who move around a lot.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:24 AM

I have no problem with an ID card, if it helps the country.

However, people who are described as illegal immigrants are, in fact, asylum-seekers. I don't think an ID card would stop them coming. It might possibly stop illegal working by asylum seekers, but greedy, immoral employers wouldn't bother to ask for a ID card anyway.

Loads of existing restraints on employment is already flouted, so I doubt the card would help there really.

I don't know what the answer is but I wish someone would come up with something, it's out of hand.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why not 'Chip' us like dogs and cats....? Seriously!
I think that having your address on the 'Chip' or Card would require too much admin and expense. Cards that last ten years would frequently require updating for people who move around a lot.
Embedded microchips could easily be removed and replaced.

As for the card itself, as with a bank card it is simply a key to access a data base where the bulk of information is stored.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top