Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Re: Lets talk about the eye shall we. . .

Thinking of you Claire, I hope everything will be alright...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Caire Marie I will be thinking of you and sending warm healing thoughts...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 12:25 AM

ClarieMarie, hope all goes well for you-thoughts and prayers are with you....
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 10:02 PM

I am back, and not gone long. Pretty amazing what can be done! Long story short I good to mend now and that's what I'm doing .

Long story: My eye condition (which I have been aware of for many years ... thanks Mom) is called Lattice Degeneraton: http://cms.revoptom.com/​handbook/sect5e.htm
and this is what they did: http://en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/Vitrectomy due to tear/detachment.

Right now, looking out of left eye,, its all a watery blur and I can see light/dark changes. Except right at the top there is like this air/oil bubble that moves like a leveler when I tilt my head (like if you have oil on water in bottle and you tip it, it move to level). I am a human level head. I can walk upright, but tend bump into anything from my left until this slowly clears (from top to bottom) which takes about a month he said.

Thanks for an awesome friend Sue who became my personal chauffeur and even a packed an over night bag to stayover and drive me around this morning to the appointment and drugstore, I don't know what I would have done without her. Emily looked after the homefront great too. Doc this morning wants to see me in to weeks. He said no lifting or bending over (like to tie shoes) for the two weeks, but I negociated 1 week and the weekends cause of the daycare kids and he was good with that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 12:51 AM

Hi Claire Marie that sounds very hopeful. I would try and do the two weeks rest if you can to give healing the best chance.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 07:54 PM

The eye is healing great and the sight is back . I have a bit of clouding at the lazer sight which will eventually go as its caused by fluid build up, which some bodies do as it heals. Amazing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

07-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
The eye is healing great and the sight is back . I have a bit of clouding at the lazer sight which will eventually go as its caused by fluid build up, which some bodies do as it heals. Amazing.
That's really good news Claire you must be very relieved.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 08:17 PM

thats good new Claire
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Fabulous news ClaireMarie, congratulations to all concerned...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2012, 08:59 PM

That's great news Claire...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top