Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 12:46 AM

Re: Discharged from hospital

That is such good news, Loretta. I hope things continue to improve.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 01:47 AM

so pleased to hear all is well
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Loretta darlin' - great news you've been discharged from hospital.

I too have had recent surgery (hip replacement). Little tip from me - (a) around the affected joints and fracture places, massage with E45 lotion. (b) Continue with whatever exercises the Surgeon has told you about, (c) Be aware that those joints will be more susceptible to Arthritis some years down the line.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Thank you Kitty and Uncle Joe. I am determined to do the exercises, so if you hear strange sounds over there in UK it will be me screaming, haha. I do have E45 lotion and I also have almond oil lotion which I like, so I will alternate from one to the other. I still find it hard to believe I did so much damage, I seem to have chipped, cracked or misplaced every bone in my arm aside from the two main fractures. I know I went with a bang at a funny angle, but crumbs what a mess up I made !

Talking about arthritis Uncle Joe, I believe one of the major reasons people come to live in this little part of Spain is because they say their arthritis is so much better here. This part of Spain is reputed to have the best weather in Europe and after living here for over 12 years I can't dispute that. We also have superb healthcare, which of course is another plus, so we are not planning on uprooting again and moving any time soon.

I hope you are doing really well with your hip replacement and finding life much easier.

Thank you also Mollie and Kitty.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 06:53 PM

My daughter had pins and plate put in her arm, a few years back. She cannot straighten it right out properly.
After physiotherapy and time. She now has full movement. It does not stop her doing her job as a nurse.
Just one problem. She sets the alarms off, coming out of some shops.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Great news glad about that
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
My daughter had pins and plate put in her arm, a few years back. She cannot straighten it right out properly.
After physiotherapy and time. She now has full movement. It does not stop her doing her job as a nurse.
Just one problem. She sets the alarms off, coming out of some shops.

Your daughter and I have a lot in common Shaz darlin'. You should see me set off the alarms at Gatwick Airport - The Security Officers there are not happy with me - but hey TOUGH!!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Oh my you lot are getting me worried about setting alarms off ! I think I'm doing pretty well now, still some pain now and then and still some soreness but I can do pretty much everything again, apart from putting my arm behind my back, that's a big "no way" and I can't lift it up quite so high either, it also still feels somewhat stiff and heavy, but all in all considering I've been screwed up from shoulder to elbow and shunted virtually every bone out of place I think I'm doing okay.

I'm glad your daughter did so well shaz.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top