Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: Poor Girl.

This was in our South Wales news, poor girl. I remember, when I saw her photo, the time I had an allergic reaction to a certain penicillin in my early teens, my face looked like that and my feet were so swollen it was like trying to walk on balls!

I always used to use "off the shelf" hair colour for years with no reaction. I do wonder, like some others, whether there's a little more to it though
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 03:17 AM

I only use ones with no Amonia
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Pixie I believe the colour this girl used was Amonia free

I must admit seeing this has put me off as there are lots of people getting allergic reactions that we don't get to hear about. I used to use a natural one called Daniel Field which has no nasty stuff in it. I was able to buy it when I lived down South.

I've just had a quick online and yes I will definitely start using their hair colour again. They don't test on animals and don't use animal ingredients in their products.

Here's a link to their website:
http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.u...mail-order.php
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 01:14 PM

I have never had a full-head colour but I do have lo-lites put in my hair by the hairdresser. I think I'll stick with that after reading these awful experiences!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Have never been so vain as to want to dye my hair - it is a natural 'silver grey' all over.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 04:54 PM

I dye my hair and usually use Superdrug's own brand which is fine. I believe all the kits tell you to do a test first though just in case you have a reaction. An awful thing to happen to that girl though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top