Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 01:14 AM

I'm a survivor

Just recently I went through the breast cancer ordeal.
Had a lumpectomy. The healing was painful.

But. . . hear I am. My oncologist just told me I'm cancer free. Which means I got my walking papers so to speak.

Since I live so far from the city and have to drive down a two lane road with high cliffs (which many has gone off) through the canyon, he gave me the option of having radiation or not.
I chose not.
He had given me pills, (Anastrozole). It's supposed to scare cancer away. Side affects are not good. Could not bear it.

The conclusion here? Did not have to take it. He told me that it is only like an 8 percent chance for the cancer not to return.
So why take it in the first place?

I beat the big C twice now.
Happy to say. . . I'M A SURVIVOR!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 02:35 AM

Re: I'm a survivor

Oh my gosh, that is absolutely wonderful Mlee. I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if I was told I had that destructive illness, but you've beaten it lass, and I am so pleased for you. You must feel on top of the world!
Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Oh my gosh, that is absolutely wonderful Mlee. I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if I was told I had that destructive illness, but you've beaten it lass, and I am so pleased for you. You must feel on top of the world!
Hi Mollie,
Yes. . . I feel indestructible. (Shhh. . . quiet.) I didn't mean that! LOL

I was told that on Thursday and I kept running it through my mind. Sorta like pinching myself. Today I feel okay with it. It's real.
I thought this time it would get me but, I am always laughing about something. Mostly myself. And I am told that laughter is what kills the cancer.
I guess it's like laughing at the devil and he shrinks in shame.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:09 AM

That is absolutely brilliant, Mlee! Great news - now it is time to celebrate!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:10 AM

Good for you Mlee I am delighted to hear of your successful recovery .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Congratulations Mlee - your good news must be a weight off your mind and it's great that you can now stop worrying and go on to enjoy your life once again. Well done for being so brave and sharing your happy outcome.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 11:51 AM

GREAT news!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Wonderful news Mlee, I am so pleased for you!

Enjoy your life ahead and keep laughing!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 03:10 PM

wonderful Mlee, now you have something to celebrate about.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Well done Mlee, your fighting spirit paid dividends in the long run, good health to you always!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top