Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Re: Every bone in my body is ache!

Hope you feel better soon.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 07:58 PM

One week now into this 'virus' and its settled in my sinus and chest. I hate spring colds!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
One week now into this 'virus' and its settled in my sinus and chest. I hate spring colds!
I hope your virus clears soon, Claire...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Oh dear Claire, hope you start feeling better soon....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
Sorry to hear you are not yet better Claire ..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 08:21 AM

Right Claire darlin' - time to get serious with this 'virus'. Hot Honey and lemon drinks throughout the day accompanied with Paracetamol tablets. In between, you need some Friars Balsam (if you can get it - Menthol crystals if not) placed in a bowl and boiling water covering it. Drape a towel over your head and cover both your head and the bowl too. Breathe in the 'fumes' and steam from the bowl for approx 10 minutes. Repeat this 3 - 4 times daily.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Uncle Joe sounds interesting!!

I find a cold/sinus tablet gets me through the day when I have the wee ones here. Out of my 5 (daycare kiddies 1 - 4 yrs), 3 are sick and kept home , so only 2, 2 yr old girls have been my companions this week so far and we have been getting out the house each day .

Nights are long (and somewhat sleepless), but improving.

Thanks for thinking of me
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 06:40 PM

Well it's been 9 days and I hops you're on the mend Claire. The most common advice I get when I have a cold or flu is to drink plenty of liquids. Fortunately they never stipulate what type of liquids
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 07:01 PM

It's not generally known, but any nurses on here will confirm that you can take a full dose of paracetamol AND a full dose of Ibuprofen simultaneously as they act in different ways and on different parts of your body. One is a pain killer that acts on the pain receptors in your brain and the other is an anti inflammatory. This often helps with the severe aches and pains of flue like symptoms.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
It's not generally known, but any nurses on here will confirm that you can take a full dose of paracetamol AND a full dose of Ibuprofen simultaneously as they act in different ways and on different parts of your body. One is a pain killer that acts on the pain receptors in your brain and the other is an anti inflammatory. This often helps with the severe aches and pains of flue like symptoms.

Yes Chippy your correct you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together and it will help to reduce the pain and any fever.

Paracetamol has fewer side effects than ibuprofen, so is always the first option.

If you do take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, Leave six hours before taking them together again.

Another option which also works well is taking paracetamol then 2 hours later ibuprofen, alternate between the two, but do not exceed the maximum daily dose.

Hupe your fully recovered very soon Claire

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top