Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Windy Walks.

Read this in todays paper, windy walks are good for fighting off depression. (Don't bring the cat Paul.) If you don't catch Pneumonia you'll be grand.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Re: Windy Walks.

I love storms, windy, snowy or whatever. On holiday in February I was at the bow of a ship in the Arctic, with an icy deck, in open sea, in a force 7, with light snow, at midnight til one watching the Northern Lights. That will blow depression away.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2012, 11:05 PM

I think the scientists may be telling us something many already know
I find walking in the wind invigorating .Some animals seem to like the wind too, it can make dogs and cats very skittish
I don't mind walking in the rain either but Chloe isn't too keen.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I love storms, windy, snowy or whatever. On holiday in February I was at the bow of a ship in the Arctic, with an icy deck, in open sea, in a force 7, with light snow, at midnight til one watching the Northern Lights. That will blow depression away.
Ron matey, that was somewhat dangerous unless you were clipped to a safety line. I've had my fair share of drenchings in similar fashion when the bow of the ship I was on dipped into the wave and a wall of water descended on me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Me and the dogs walked the hills and woods in all weathers. Once I got going it was fine and I enjoyed it so did the dogs. It was just the thought of going out in it that was the problem lol. The dogs seemed to enjoy getting all muddy too though they wern't so happy when they didn't get in the living room after till they were clean and dry again.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
(Don't bring the cat Paul.)
Hahaha, if only, he won't go outside at all!

And yes I can see the point of that article. Nothing better than a bracing walk along a windy sea front.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Used to dodge the sea inScarborough when I was young, didnt realise how dangerous that was,oh to be young again!.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 04:19 PM

Haha it was Scarborough sea wall, between the north and south bays I was thinking of above LOL.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Yes Meg I think we all knew that before, a good walk in any weather calms you down and gives you time to reflect on things. What was is it they used to call it in the old Days, "Going out for my constitutional.", when I was a kid I thought that meant something very different.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top