Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-04-2012, 10:06 PM

Re: Urination niggles

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
Not on the contrary actually. As for you "thinking a fellow member was hoping for some serious help and advice" No one denies this, but you imply we were in error. The poster asked for similar experiences, Jem and I responded.

Twice since I have joined this site you have had a dig at me, and twice I have responded. If you don't like my posting style, I suggest you put me on ignore so you are no longer tempted to lower yourself to making comments regarding someone you quite obviously consider beneath you, because believe me when I say, If you insist on having a dig at my posts, I WILL respond.
Perhaps I should make it a little plainer since you seem to be struggling a little.
I made no reference to you or anyone else on this thread
I merely made an observation which I believe I am entitled to do unless you think otherwise.
The only time I believe I had 'a dig' as you put it was when I objected to you posting a foul video entitled motherf*****. If you consider that is acceptable from someone joining a site where ladies are present then again that speaks volumes for you.

I have absolutely no feelings toward you one way or another and in any event my total lack of interest in anything you have to say is irrelevant.
It is up to Admin to censure me not you and unless they see fit to do that or remove me from the site I shall continue to post whatever I want, where I wish and within the rules.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:15 PM

I forgot about that one, that's 3 times then.

I accept you made no reference to anyone, but it's obvious to anyone with eyes that with only two posts between your advice and your derogatory remark who you were referring to.

Nowhere did I mention censure. Don't try to attribute words or actions to me that only exist in your own mind.

I pointed out how rude you were, and in the same vein as you are within your rights to post within the rules, I will continue to do so.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2012, 10:23 PM

The advice was already given to Jimbo when my reply was posted Hammer, and as he said himself nothing serious was wrong with him according to his Doctors. Uncle Joe hit the nail on the head when he said, "It's a sign of aging as your bladder muscles weaken," and he should know after all the time he spent in hospitals.
I ignored your snide post at first because I noticed you get upset for the least little thing lately and sometimes make mountains out of molehills. However, calling a fellow members posts "Verbal excrement" is way below the belt. Lighten up.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenYears ->
In the last few years my urination habit has changed. I now get up during the night two or three times. Some days I urinate more than usual. Other days less. I have had a few check-ups at the doctors, hospital, but nothing ontoward was found. No enlarged prostate etc. Is it just the aging process or what? Do you have similar problems, advice?
There is no need to put up with this problem GY and for goodness sake don't try not to drink as this makes the urine more concentrated and therefore irritates the bladder.

Yes I do think it is the aging process but I think the doctor that is your GP could give you help and advice. I am a female with a similar problem. To try and ease what they call an irritable bladder the doc has given me some tablets to take each morning or evening whichever time is best for you.

I don't think we should put up with things just because we are getting older that is what our mums and dads used to do but I don't think we should.

Women talk about this problem a lot we even joke about it abut when you have to live with it it ain't no joking matter.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 08:34 PM

As a new member also, I like a forum to offer serious chat on medical matters from fellow suffers. esp one who are of similar stage in life! I commend golden years for raising the subject, whether humour is involved depends on the individual. me I think if I had a med problem, I could discuss it more with a sence of humour than without it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenYears ->
In the last few years my urination habit has changed. I now get up during the night two or three times. Some days I urinate more than usual. Other days less. I have had a few check-ups at the doctors, hospital, but nothing ontoward was found. No enlarged prostate etc. Is it just the aging process or what? Do you have similar problems, advice?
GY I think getting up more at night is quite normal and part of the ageing process . I have chatted to others my age and older about this and they all seem to have to do the same.
My biggest problem is going back to sleep after getting up. Sometimes I can't and rather than lay there awake I get up and do something for a while then go back to bed and try sleeping again . I have been known to make bread at 4am
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Oh isnt it annoying getting up in the night.I now have acup of tea at tea time and then a drink of Horlicks when I go to bed and that helps,I usually dont need to get up till about 6AMish.
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 02:29 AM

Yes Meg, my wife tells me I worry too much and that extra toilet visits, even at night, are part of the aging process. I don't have any trouble getting back to sleep, so I should be grateful I suppose, and keep my legs crossed that I don't have any really serious problems one has when one ages

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top