Join for free
Page 19 of 23 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:05 PM

Re: Farage U turn

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Farage: The Moment That Made Me An Enemy Of The EU
He said: "In 2005, the European Union had produced its own constitution. The first proper blueprint. The first genuine admission that what they were building wasn't a free trade zone, it was a state. And they put it to referendums.

"The French rejected it, the Dutch rejected it and many other people had they had the chance would have rejected it.

"And what did the EU do? Did they learn the lesson? Did they say "Oh well obviously people don't want a state with a flag, an anthem and an army." Did they row back? No, they rebranded it as the Lisbon Treaty. They forced it through without giving the French and Dutch another option. The Irish voted against it, but were forced to vote again.

"And from that moment, I have been an enemy of the entire project.

"I think it is not only undemocratic, I think actually it is dangerous. I think if you suppress people's ability through the ballot box to make their own decisions, to be in charge of their futures, you will lead directly to political extremism and violence.

This is exactly what many of us, more enlightened people, think about the EU's intentions.

Why can't remoaners see it? It's as plain as the noses on their faces.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
He said: "In 2005, the European Union had produced its own constitution. The first proper blueprint. The first genuine admission that what they were building wasn't a free trade zone, it was a state. And they put it to referendums.

"The French rejected it, the Dutch rejected it and many other people had they had the chance would have rejected it.

"And what did the EU do? Did they learn the lesson? Did they say "Oh well obviously people don't want a state with a flag, an anthem and an army." Did they row back? No, they rebranded it as the Lisbon Treaty. They forced it through without giving the French and Dutch another option. The Irish voted against it, but were forced to vote again.

"I think it is not only undemocratic, I think actually it is dangerous. I think if you suppress people's ability through the ballot box to make their own decisions, to be in charge of their futures, you will lead directly to political extremism and violence.

This is exactly what many of us, more enlightened people, think about the EU's intentions.

I think only the Spanish were in favour of the EU constitution ...

Great post JBR !
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Good post JBR, but where does that leave us now?
This election has become another circus of blatant voter bribery
and interparty conniving and the issue of leaving the EU has become
a side issue, l suppose so voters can be further influenced by the
politicians?
Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Hi

We are about to be sold down the Line.

Boris is the epitome of the Political Elite, same as Corbyn.

He is all about the continuation of the two party system, not what we ordinary people voted for for when we were given the chance.

I would ban everyone who had been to Eaton from being in Politics.

I would also ban Corbyn and Co.

I would like a law that any MP had to have had a job on Minimum Wage, Zero Hours Contract, no family support.

In other words, live in the real world.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think only the Spanish were in favour of the EU constitution ...

Great post JBR !
It was Cinderella's post. Credit where it's due.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are about to be sold down the Line.

Boris is the epitome of the Political Elite, same as Corbyn.

He is all about the continuation of the two party system, not what we ordinary people voted for for when we were given the chance.

I would ban everyone who had been to Eaton from being in Politics.

I would also ban Corbyn and Co.

I would like a law that any MP had to have had a job on Minimum Wage, Zero Hours Contract, no family support.

In other words, live in the real world.

What if all 17'2 million leave voters wrote BREXIT PARTY on their
ballot with a cross next to it Swimmy???
Wouldnt that make a statement?
Perhaps Nigel should use his organisation to co-ordinate this?

Regards bDonkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Regards bDonkeyman!
Great thinking donks! It would make 17,2 or 17,4 mln ballot papers non valid. Only votes for labour, lipdems and greens would be valid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That would have been my ideal. Unfortunately, Farage has 'played the white man' and withdrawn from certain Tory constituencies with the sole intention of avoiding splitting the vote and allowing Compo or the Limp Dems additional seats.
A wholly honourable thing.

All I hope now - and expect - is that Boris reciprocates and, having gained a working majority in the Commons (and without the traitor Berko present) can achieve a complete Brexit instead of BRINO, just as the majority voted for.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Great thinking donks! It would make 17,2 or 17,4 mln ballot papers non valid. Only votes for labour, lipdems and greens would be valid.
Apparently Solly ALL votes are recorded including so called
spoiled votes and the reason they were judged spoiled?
With over seventeen million such votes recorded questions
would have to be asked??
And l am sure plenty of answers will be forthcoming?
Farage should organise this as a demostration imo??

Dnkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 03:17 PM

I think the Brexit Party is still a big problem for Boris even though they have stood down on all the Conservative seats.

As I see it, he still needs gains from the labour leave seats to get a majority that he can comfortably unblock parliament - for that, he will be competing with the Brexit Party, splitting the votes in the labour seats in the north. If he wants to get his majority, Farage needs to stand down in all but about 40 seats in total.

I don't think we have seen the end of this yet.

Page 19 of 23 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top