Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 02:29 AM

Re: New Rules.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As our last few holidays were in Turkey, the wife and I always had to get travel insurance. It doesn't cost all that much and gives you a year's coverage. The same presumably will be the case when we're out of the EU.
When I visited Europe a few years ago I took out travel insurance, it was cheaper if I only visited the UK becuse there is an agreement between Australia and the UK which enables visitors to use each others health systems.

However as I was visiting other EU countries there was a higher rate to cover medical expenses in those countries but I also paid extra for private cover in the UK. As with every other time I travelled I never made a claim but it is certainly comforting to know it is there.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:30 AM

I would never travel without travel insurance anyway so no change there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would never travel without travel insurance anyway so no change there.
Quite right too but it covers a lot more than just health insurance.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Brexit Changes.

Things work both ways.

EU Citizens will be subject to Border Controls and delays and we will be subject to EU Border Controls.

Times are changing for us all, it is not a one way thing.
But the MPs said unfettered access will need a concession from the EU that it has not yet granted.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53395839
The focus is on a piece of administration known as an exit summary declaration (EXS).
Ok, so*the carrier*is generally required to submit an EXS to the customs authority of the country from which the consignment is being exported from. Note it says the carrier.

Before an import or export there is a requirement to submit a pre-arrival, pre-departure notification information that allows authorities to control what’s moving across borders from a safety and security perspective.
This information is mainly used for risk analysis and not to calculate the amount of duties due or apply other trade policy measures as in the case of customs declarations. In principle, they are submitted by the carrier not the importer or exporter.
So whatever these forms will be – it will be very different from what we have now – additional paperwork and time required. Because brexit includes a de facto customs border in the Irish Sea.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top