Join for free
Page 17 of 23 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Re: Farage U turn

In the forums (Fora?), which I look at, it's become fairly clear that Nigel has done the right thing.

The evidence is in the numbers of Remainer dummies being thrown out again - usually in demonising Nigel & Boris!

Nigel has, clearly, raised the fear level, back in Remainer Central, by lowering the risk of a split in Leaver voting!

itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not at all.

It's to prevent splitting the vote and letting in a marxist government with a second referendum.

Quite frankly nothing could be worse than that so hats of to Farage for standing down candidates and putting the country first.

Yeh and he's that thick he didn't realise that before opening his big fat gob
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Maybe he should sign up for some diplomacy & tactics classes from Swinson, Coybyn, and the other highly intelligent (?) punters.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
You putting words into his mouth.

Farages position was to stand down his candidates in tory seats in return for Boris to bin the withdrawal bill or keep no-deal on the table.

Boris has now confirmed that he will leave no-deal on the table so Farage has stood down his candidates.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Maybe he should sign up for some diplomacy & tactics classes from Swinson, Coybyn, and the other highly intelligent (?) punters.
It was in the paper today about one of the Lib Dem candidates getting fired because of his racist and defamatory twitter posts, calling people by the "N" word and retards.

Absolutely disgraceful.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You putting words into his mouth.

Farages position was to stand down his candidates in tory seats in return for Boris to bin the withdrawal bill or keep no-deal on the table.

Boris has now confirmed that he will leave no-deal on the table so Farage has stood down his candidates.
That is encouraging.

My constituency is one which Farage will not now contest. That gives me the choice of voting for Labour, Limp Dem or Conservative.

Labour, of course, is out of the question however I vote because they never feature in the results apart from a few insignificant votes.

The only two possible winners are the Limp Dems and the Conservatives. Those two equate to remaining in the EU or leaving either under a punitive deal or possibly completely.

Naturally, my vote can only go to the latter and hope that Boris will be persuaded, having a majority in the Commons, to then go for a complete Brexit which is what the majority of voters wanted.

That will all depend on Boris. Can he be trusted?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 04:19 PM

I fear we are betrayed and that Farage has been leaned on by the Establishment to allow the "Establishment Party" (Tories) to get a majority.

Boris is trying to push May's deal through or at least 95% of it.

It is a catastrophically bad deal for us

It is NOT BrExit in any sense

It leaves us tied to the EU, under their control, under the control of the ECJ and will most certainly see us go back in officially a few years later.

We are totally shafted

The Establishment are manipulating the election in order to get the majority parliament they need to fulfil their agendas.

It's not democratic

We should all have the option of voting for the only party that will actually deliver BrExit, which is Farage's BrExit party.

We have been denied that democratic option.

This is therefore a dictatorship.

Democracy is now dead.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I fear we are betrayed and that Farage has been leaned on by the Establishment to allow the "Establishment Party" (Tories) to get a majority.

Boris is trying to push May's deal through or at least 95% of it.

It is a catastrophically bad deal for us

It is NOT BrExit in any sense

It leaves us tied to the EU, under their control, under the control of the ECJ and will most certainly see us go back in officially a few years later.

We are totally shafted

The Establishment are manipulating the election in order to get the majority parliament they need to fulfil their agendas.

It's not democratic

We should all have the option of voting for the only party that will actually deliver BrExit, which is Farage's BrExit party.

We have been denied that democratic option.

This is therefore a dictatorship.

Democracy is now dead.
I'm afraid you could well be right.

Our only hope, as I said, is that Boris gains a majority and changes his intention to that of a real Brexit.

If not, I see trouble ahead.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Our only hope, as I said, is that Boris gains a majority and changes his intention to that of a real Brexit.

Well if he is merely pretending to push his disastrous BRINO deal in order to get votes (maybe even from Remainers) then well played, good game.

But Boris being Boris, and having previously and publicly stated that he likes the EU and loves the Single Market, I suspect the reality is actually that he and thus the Establishment, have betrayed us and fully intend to give us BRINO.

I can not vote for the Tories while ever that terrible deal remains a possibility. I have emailed the Conservative Party to tell them this.

I may actually vote Corbyn in if Boris refuses to remove that deal because if we are to have BRINO and thus no democracy then we may as well have Corbyn's Marxism and rid ourselves of the Establishment.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well if he is merely pretending to push his disastrous BRINO deal in order to get votes (maybe even from Remainers) then well played, good game.

But Boris being Boris, and having previously and publicly stated that he likes the EU and loves the Single Market, I suspect the reality is actually that he and thus the Establishment, have betrayed us and fully intend to give us BRINO.

I can not vote for the Tories while ever that terrible deal remains a possibility. I have emailed the Conservative Party to tell them this.

I may actually vote Corbyn in if Boris refuses to remove that deal because if we are to have BRINO and thus no democracy then we may as well have Corbyn's Marxism and rid ourselves of the Establishment.
I can understand your feelings, though I could never vote for Compo the Communist Clown.

Somehow, it is inconceivable that Britain could ever find itself conquered by a foreign power, although of course we have come perilously close to that before.

Page 17 of 23 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top