Join for free
Page 20 of 23 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: Farage U turn

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think the Brexit Party is still a big problem for Boris even though they have stood down on all the Conservative seats.

As I see it, he still needs gains from the labour leave seats to get a majority that he can comfortably unblock parliament - for that, he will be competing with the Brexit Party, splitting the votes in the labour seats in the north. If he wants to get his majority, Farage needs to stand down in all but about 40 seats in total.

I don't think we have seen the end of this yet.
As I understand it, Farage is hoping to gain many Labour seats in the North, primarily because traditional Labour voters who want Brexit will not vote for Compo for obvious reasons.

If Farage can gain such seats it would achieve two things:

Firstly, the chance of Compo's hope of achieving a majority in the Commons would be dashed.

Secondly, Farage would control a sufficient number of seats to be able to encourage Boris to move toward a full and complete Brexit - if he wants a working majority in Parliament.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
All I hope now - and expect - is that Boris reciprocates and, having gained a working majority in the Commons (and without the traitor Berko present) can achieve a complete Brexit instead of BRINO, just as the majority voted for.

I'm afraid you're somewhat naive there JBR.

PM after PM has simply lied to the people and then continued to further the agendas of the EU to take over this country.

Look at May.

She played her part in the farcical pantomime. She began just like Boris saying that the referendum will be honoured and that "No Deal is better than a bad deal".

Then she proceeded to purposely dither and delay and NOT DELIVER anything at all and tried 3 times to push through a most disastrous and traitorous "deal" that was not BrExit in any shape or form and which would leave us irrevocably tied to the EU.

Boris has done EXACTLY the same. He came in, said all the things BrExiteers wanted to here, refusal to extend, die in a ditch etc etc but then proceeded to pick up May's awful deal, tweak it a bit and then present it to parliament again for the fourth bloody time !!! I mean what does it take to get that stupid deal set afire and buried?!!!!

Boris is playing BrExiteers. He IS establishment as Swims says. He LIKES the EU, he loves the Single Market and has said so publicly before.

He is simply playing BrExiteers like a fiddle.

We must NOT fall for it.

If you have the opportunity in your constituency you should vote for BrExit Party to try and give them as many seats in parliament as possible. That's the only way we will be able to oppose Boris and stop him pushing through May's BRINO deal.

Farage standing down from 317 seats is utterly traitorous. He has obviously been instructed from higher powers to stand aside for the establishment.

It is blatant manipulation of an election in order to grant the establishment party a majority so they can subsequently push May's deal through. It's so painfully obvious.

That's why I am considering voting for Corbyn to stuff the lot of them. We can not afford, at this stage, for Boris to have a majority. If he does, BrExit is over.

See it for what it is JBR.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think the Brexit Party is still a big problem for Boris even though they have stood down on all the Conservative seats.

As I see it, he still needs gains from the labour leave seats to get a majority that he can comfortably unblock parliament - for that, he will be competing with the Brexit Party, splitting the votes in the labour seats in the north. If he wants to get his majority, Farage needs to stand down in all but about 40 seats in total.

I don't think we have seen the end of this yet.
All parties have to register their candidates by closing time
tommorrow Bread,, so a lot of leave voters are going to be
compromised? I personally am pretty pissed off, allthuogh l
understand the reasons things have gone the way they have,
But it looks like we are going to be stuck with the same old POS
running the country again
As you say,Boris needs more votes in the HOC so the BP should
be able to dictate terms on specicific issues lF Boris chooses
Nigel as his ally??
I would be prepared to accept a Boris--- Nigel deal if the tories
agree to be more forceful over the fishing issue which they have
been quite ambiguous about so far? And which was one of the
main reasons for brexit!!
Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If you have the opportunity in your constituency you should vote for BrExit Party to try and give them as many seats in parliament as possible. That's the only way we will be able to oppose Boris and stop him pushing through May's BRINO deal.
Sadly, I do not now have that opportunity. I had intended to vote for the Brexit Party and still will do if I find that a BP candidate does stand in my constituency contrary to the reports that Farage has withdrawn from it.

As things are, the two parties which are likely to win the seat are the Tories and the Limp Dems. I could never vote for the latter as they have stated unequivocally that they would ensure we remain fully in the EU, given the chance.
I would therefor have to vote Tory to keep the Limp Dems from taking the seat.

That's why I am considering voting for Corbyn to stuff the lot of them. We can not afford, at this stage, for Boris to have a majority. If he does, BrExit is over.
If Compo wins the GE, forget Brexit - the whole of the UK is over. We shall either remain in the EU or become bankrupt within a couple of years.

Or both!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 04:33 PM

I'm afraid you're somewhat naive there JBR.

PM after PM has simply lied to the people and then continued to further the agendas of the EU to take over this country.

Look at May.

She played her part in the farcical pantomime. She began just like Boris saying that the referendum will be honoured and that "No Deal is better than a bad deal".

Then she proceeded to purposely dither and delay and NOT DELIVER anything at all and tried 3 times to push through a most disastrous and traitorous "deal" that was not BrExit in any shape or form and which would leave us irrevocably tied to the EU.

Boris has done EXACTLY the same. He came in, said all the things BrExiteers wanted to here, refusal to extend, die in a ditch etc etc but then proceeded to pick up May's awful deal, tweak it a bit and then present it to parliament again for the fourth bloody time !!! I mean what does it take to get that stupid deal set afire and buried?!!!!

Boris is playing BrExiteers. He IS establishment as Swims says. He LIKES the EU, he loves the Single Market and has said so publicly before.

He is simply playing BrExiteers like a fiddle.

We must NOT fall for it.

Farage standing down from 317 seats is utterly traitorous. He has obviously been instructed from higher powers to stand aside for the establishment.

It is blatant manipulation of an election in order to grant the establishment party a majority so they can subsequently push May's deal through. It's so painfully obvious.

See it for what it is JBR.
As regards Nigels sudden turn around Realist l am not sure what
his motives are, allthough the reasons he gives are feasible given
his past record, and l ask myself why would he come this far just
to blow it now?
Concerning WHO could influence him to change his stance l
think there is only one suspect?
And that is a big financial interst or institution, but surely they
would have acted long ago???
I have allready posted on another thread about filling in my ballot
with my insertion of the BP at the bottom as a protest vote, if
17-2 million leave voters do thisbit should cause SOME reaction
surely!?!?
Donkeyman!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I have allready posted on another thread about filling in my ballot with my insertion of the BP at the bottom as a protest vote, if 17-2 million leave voters do thisbit should cause SOME reaction surely!?!?

No you'd be wrong Donkeyman.

If you wish to make a "Protest Vote" then it MUST be done in a specific way.

Otherwise vote counters are instructed to treat the votes in an entirely different way. Spoiling your vote in any way you like IS NOT the way to do it.

Read what you need to do here:

http://www.votenone.org.uk/protest_votes_count.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 05:08 PM

Voting Corbyn is like cutting off your nose to spite your face
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sadly, I do not now have that opportunity. I had intended to vote for the Brexit Party and still will do if I find that a BP candidate does stand in my constituency contrary to the reports that Farage has withdrawn from it.

As things are, the two parties which are likely to win the seat are the Tories and the Limp Dems. I could never vote for the latter as they have stated unequivocally that they would ensure we remain fully in the EU, given the chance.
I would therefor have to vote Tory to keep the Limp Dems from taking the seat.

If Compo wins the GE, forget Brexit - the whole of the UK is over. We shall either remain in the EU or become bankrupt within a couple of years.

Or both!
Probably keep us in...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Union.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	11055  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2019, 05:24 PM

No you'd be wrong Donkeyman.

If you wish to make a "Protest Vote" then it MUST be done is a specific way.

Otherwise vote counters are instructed to treat the votes in an entirely different way. Spoiling you vote in any way you like IS NOT the way to do it.

Read what you need to do here:

http://www.votenone.org.uk/protest_votes_count.html
Good post. I might consider doing that.

I agree, though, a protest vote must be clear in order for it to be counted, and this site gives clear instructions as to how to do it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 05:46 PM

Every political change is better understood, better used, and longer-lasting if it is demanded from the bottom, not delivered from the top.
From votenone.org.uk

Actions speak louder than words, this really is the last chance.

Would be one in the eye if a significant number of people did this.

Page 20 of 23 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top