Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 11:47 AM

Re: £625

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh no I would not offer myself no matter the money .
What, despite your performing Indian Head massage, Thai foot massage and full body massage?
(Only joking SM!)

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have something niggling in the back of my mind so am hoping one of you can enlighten me

I believe it was in the 1950s or earlier . Volunteers were asked to help with some form of testing using injections , about 6 people applied , the testing was filmed and after the first injections or inoculations the volunteers got really sick but the scientists kept injecting and a few died . Their deaths were dreadful and those few who survived suffered afterwards . Does anyone remember this or am I deluded and maybe made it up !
That rings a bell. All I know for certain, though, is that there is at least one film - and a very good one - on that precise subject.

I can't remember the name, but there have been several, I believe. Here's one:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6539970/
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 01:20 PM

Thanks JBR . I cant quite remember if this was the one or much earlier I'll keep on thinking . It was horrific, the doctors still kept injecting and testing. Made me think theres no way I'd volunteer immagine the worst !

Edited to add . Yes JBR it is the documentary I watched I've just checked on you tube . Very scarey

Just realised I mentioned the 1950s just shows how I've lost track of time
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would think so. That's after already having the dead virus put into their body of course and hoping it doesn't come alive again. I understand that viruses are dead anyway until they find a body to live in.
But....Covid-19 is such an unknown entity. Just look at Flu! every year we have a flu jab to protect ourselves, but it really is pot luck with what type of flu strain is doing the rounds that year, as to whether we have truly been immunised and protected against it. One would imagine it is even worse with Covid, as the sciences say it could mutate into another strain, for which we would have no protection!

it really is Russian Roulette, but I admire those wishing to be Guinea Pigs, regardless of their reason for doing it.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top