Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Coincidences! Have you ever experienced one?

My brothers both sent me exactly the same birthday cards.

And both live in different towns too.

I remember thinking, of all the birthday cards being sold off cheap.... what were the chances.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:15 PM

I was travelling to Australia overland in 1972 and in a restaurant in Kathmandu I met a bloke I had shared a flat with in Sydney 4 years previously who was travelling from Australia to England.

Is that a co incidence?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:17 PM

A man I used to work with, would work here for six months, then go home to family in Italy for six months. He did this every year. One year, his boss (also my boss) went on holiday to Italy. He and his wife plonked themselves down on a beach to only find that they were sitting next to him.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 01:27 PM

One very stormy night, in 1956, I was on the bridge of a tanker (mv "Naticina") going North, up the China Sea, towards Nagasaki, in very stormy conditions.

The ship was lurching about, all over the place, and I noticed that the Wheel Man was working very hard to keep to the course.

He was swearing a bit.

I said, "That accent seems familiar"

He said, "I'm from Yorkshire"

"Near Hull" he said.

"But you won't have heard of the place"

I said, "Well, I live in a small town, at the Yorkshire seaside, called Withernsea"

We both laughed and fell about.

We must have represented quite a high percentage, of the Withernsea population!

He lived about half a mile away from me, and here we were a couple of thousand miles away!

Very strange!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 06:08 PM

I had an odd coincidence yesterday. The gym has been closed down for the Isolation and the receptionist there also worked part time at a council facility and that was closed too. I was rung by a woman checking on how I was doing with the Covid-19 situation and I told her I had received a second letter telling me I no longer had to Isolate so everything was fine. She said my voice was familiar and she asked me if I went to this gym and I said yes, and it turns out she is the receptionist there and I know here quite well! The odds of that must be many thousands to one, really.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Probably something to do with those degrees of separation.
Just don't want it happening here.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 12:20 AM

A guy I used to work with in my very first job we became good friends. We was part of a electronics repair group that hung out together, went to the pub together, played sports together, he then had troubles at home with his wife and then the group never heard from him again. A number of redundancies later from different companies, I end up at another electronics company, a Chinese company that wanted a UK repair and test centre. Then one day we are told we must be on our best behaviour because some big boss from China is coming over. Come the day, all looking smart in our company uniforms, working away when we hear the group arriving. Then a few moments later, who should walk up to me and introduce himself? yep, you guessed it, the guy who i was friends with back in the day. The last time I had seen or heard anything from him was 22 yrs and there he was greeting me, needless to say we was both shocked because he was shocked to see me!!!. Here he is, some very important VP of the company and all we do is call out of names loudly and hug one another and get chatting about old times. This made my manager very angry because she and I never got on and here's me having a good ole chin wag with a company VP, OMG she was soooo jealous lol.

Turns out he left his wife suddenly, moved to Germany, married a Chinese woman and moved to China. When he moved to Germany, he got a job working for this Chinese electronics company. The Chinese woman he dated and eventually married it turns out she was the daughter of very important executive of the Chinese company. When they moved to China, his father in law got him a job at the same company in China, over the years he moved up the ranks within the company to become a VP (Vice President).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 04:24 PM

We once went on a day trip to Brugges. Sat down at a restaurant and found ourselves next to our neighbours three doors down.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top