Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:10 PM

Re: Scammed.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Cadbury's Twirl is my favourite Pauline. Just saying like.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oh no...I wouldn’t give bank details..I sent cash..recorded delivery..P.O box..

I thought it was a mother and her 3 children..her son was the one I exchanged messages with (that’s what I thought)..I sent them 2 Jiffy bags full of sweets..

Never mind...
I hope it wasn't too much cash that you couldn't afford. I think it is admirable, personally I wouldn't send money to people on line but if someone asks me for money in the streets I usually give it to them. A few dollars is neither here nor there to me and it might make a difference to them even if they spend it on drugs or booze.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:16 PM

Hi

I only give to Local Charities which I have knowledge of and which do good things.

Shropshire Mind and one other.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I hope it wasn't too much cash that you couldn't afford. I think it is admirable, personally I wouldn't send money to people on line but if someone asks me for money in the streets I usually give it to them. A few dollars is neither here nor there to me and it might make a difference to them even if they spend it on drugs or booze.

He never asked for the money Bruce.

He played on my emotions though..because he was telling me how hard it was for his mum and sisters,since his dad died.

I only sent £40 he was so appreciative of it..kept thanking me..said it will keep them in food for two weeks.

It cost as much to send it all to Uganda it was a P.O. Box..post office said he should get it within five working days.

The sweets longer because they weren’t recorded.

£12 it cost to send one Jiffy bags..much more than the sweets cost.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-07-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I only give to Local Charities which I have knowledge of and which do good things.

Shropshire Mind and one other.

That’s a kind thing to do.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top