Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:00 AM

Re: Do Any Of Your Friends Or Neighbours Log On Here?

For me, here on OFF, it's a way to meet a different kind of person, see how the other half lives.

I imagine there's not much fun in putting the world to rights with people you know. There's so much more to talk about.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:23 AM

Not much chance round here, most of my neighbours appear to be "Normal" but, looks can be deceptive.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 11:49 AM

None of my neighbours post on here as far as I know. In fact most of my neighbours would be under 50 so not eligible to join. My next door neighbour is two years younger than me but she is in very bad health at the moment so no, I couldn't imagine her joining the forum either.

To sum up, no it wouldn't bother me if anyone I knew personally joined here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 12:04 PM

It wouldn't bother me if anybody I knew was also a member on here, because what I say on here I would be happy to say in a real conversation!

Problems may occur if 2 neighbours or friends were members and criticised what you said to each other, but they are entitled to their opinion..... I would just wish they had the guts to say it to my face!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
No
This may seem an odd / daft question Pesta but if they don"t know about you ,how do you know about them ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:18 PM

If someone visits you, say one of your family or friends and you’re logged on a forum, maybe you’re posting or reading the threads. Would you mind them knowing you were a member of a forum and be happy to show them your various posts?
What if they said, they’d like to join too, would you be quite happy with that too?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 01:48 PM

I don"t think I would TBH.lol,lol
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well let's see?...THere's Bruce who's a couple of hundred Kms down the coast from me..umm?..there's SWannie who's way down south of Sydney probably at least 100 kms away. So no I don't mind. Wouldn't care if they were next door. That's just me.
So you are all neighbours after all...... are you sure you don't know Mr & Mrs Holt?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If someone visits you, say one of your family or friends and you’re logged on a forum, maybe you’re posting or reading the threads. Would you mind them knowing you were a member of a forum and be happy to show them your various posts?
What if they said, they’d like to join too, would you be quite happy with that too?
No, not really. I'm sure I have typed stuff that could prove embarrassing.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2020, 03:03 PM

I have no idea whether they do or not.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top