Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 07:04 PM

Re: Oh No

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Every thing will cost more after brexit, will it not? Unless some one on here can identify a commodity that wont, most unlikely because they can't even identify what the advantages are with doing our own trade deals.
Like the EU I'm not concerned with the british (anymore). My concern is for the irish. Will the UK be able to continue to buy the beef produced in ireland.
I have to assume that in preparing the deal these irish aspects have been taken into account. But otherwise we have to help our own.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 07:07 PM

Every thing will cost more after brexit, will it not? Unless some one on here can identify a commodity that wont, most unlikely because they can't even identify what the advantages are with doing our own trade deals.
Because there are none.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Just been speaking about this with my friends.

If we want to have our own trade deal with Brazil etc then we will. It will benefit the UK not other countries.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just been speaking about this with my friends.

If we want to have our own trade deal with Brazil etc then we will. It will benefit the UK not other countries.

Same old discredited chestnut eh?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Same old discredited chestnut eh?

Well, no because you still don't understand how tarrifs work.

For a start, we control our tarrifs on what comes into our country, secondly, under WTO rules there are no tarrifs on pharma and medical device products and lastly most major companies have places in Brazil anyway.

If you used your brain instead of throwing insults around you might actually get somewhere in any intellectual debate

We traded with these countries on a MFN basis for years and nobody batted an eyelid.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Omg!

-------
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 11:43 AM

Well, no because you still don't understand how tarrifs work.

For a start, we control our tarrifs on what comes into our country, secondly, under WTO rules there are no tarrifs on pharma and medical device products and lastly most major companies have places in Brazil anyway.

If you used your brain instead of throwing insults around you might actually get somewhere in any intellectual debate

We traded with these countries on a MFN basis for years and nobody batted an eyelid.

I do understand EVIDENCE none of which you seem to be able to come up with to back up your drivel. (noted by a number of posters as you are aware.)

And what an easy counter for you to a evidence based argument to suggest that it is insulting.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-06-2019, 11:53 AM

I do understand EVIDENCE none of which you seem to be able to come up with to back up your drivel. (noted by a number of posters as you are aware.)

And what an easy counter for you to a evidence based argument to suggest that it is insulting.

Macron will veto the deal unless Brazil, Paraguay, Uraguay and Argentina sign up and produce their goods as directed by the Climate Accord. This means they can no longer use pesticides etc (for instance,), meaning their products will be a lot more expensive dye tonthe investments they need to make. The same goes for their meat products...

It's called a non-tarrif barrier. Macron wants to prevent cheap food imports because it will destroy Frances economy.

Did you know this when you were collecting your evidence?

Ofcourse not, just more insults and cheap shots. No intelligent argument again from you I see.

You should move to Dublin with your mate so you can gorge on cheap squid from Argentina.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 01:30 PM

Macron will veto the deal unless Brazil, Paraguay, Uraguay and Argentina sign up and produce their goods as directed by the Climate Accord. This means they can no longer use pesticides etc (for instance,), meaning their products will be a lot more expensive dye tonthe investments they need to make. The same goes for their meat products...

It's called a non-tarrif barrier. Macron wants to prevent cheap food imports because it will destroy Frances economy.

Did you know this when you were collecting your evidence?

Ofcourse not, just more insults and cheap shots. No intelligent argument again from you I see.

You should move to Dublin with your mate so you can gorge on cheap squid from Argentina.

Hi

The RU already imports Argentinian Beef Tariff Free under a quota system.

Quota 481, the amount it imports will double on the FTA.

The Climate Accord is irrelevant.

All agricultural produce imported into the EU is subject to restrictions on the use of certain pesticides.

What the EU do not allow in is hormone fed beef, etc.

This will remain the same.

France is a net Importer of Beef.

Leaving is the correct thing to do, it needs to be done on the basis of fact however.

As regards Boris, I do not trust him, his sums do not add up.

We need to get rid of our political elite,an Election where we can vote for the Brexit Party.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-06-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The RU already imports Argentinian Beef Tariff Free under a quota system.

Quota 481, the amount it imports will double on the FTA.

The Climate Accord is irrelevant.

All agricultural produce imported into the EU is subject to restrictions on the use of certain pesticides.

What the EU do not allow in is hormone fed beef, etc.

This will remain the same.

France is a net Importer of Beef.

Leaving is the correct thing to do, it needs to be done on the basis of fact however.

As regards Boris, I do not trust him, his sums do not add up.

We need to get rid of our political elite,an Election where we can vote for the Brexit Party.

It's the huge increase in agriculture quotas that's the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if the French farmers block Paris in their tractors in protest.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top