Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 02:21 AM

Re: Getting ready to go out

Ages and ages, why? Cos I can.
No women in my house anymore so I can chill out and take my time.
The bath is MINE, all MINE, so I run a hot deep bath, put some music on and relax after a hard cold day working outside........pure heaven.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 09:02 AM

10 minutes max. A quick rinse, a quick change of clothes and maybe a dab of aftershave.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 09:14 AM

Depends where I'm going. Depends on the weather.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 09:21 AM

It depends if I'm doing smart or casual, like going to the supermarket
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Takes me about ten minutes normally.
If I'm going out to social thing, much longer, there's make - up, hair, boots before corset ( very important or it would take much longer) skirt, blouse, bustle, then corset, ringlets, goggles and other jewellery, then hat, then choosing walking stick, then perfume....quite a while actually!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:34 AM

If I'm going out somewhere special I guess it takes me around 1hr 30 mins. That includes shower, hair wash & dry & make up.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 10:58 AM

I was always at the door waiting for my late husband, it's a myth about us wimmin ...

Less than an hour for me ...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apparently, it is no longer us ladies who take longest to get ready to go out any more.

It has just been discovered that the young men nowadays spend 30% more time in the bathroom titivating, than the ladies do.

How long does it take you to get ready on average?
You are quite correct.

"ER indoors" gets ready to go out, puts coat and shoes etc on and has her hand on the front door then tells me we are going out.

What chance do I stand? none. So I am rushing around like an idiot without even a chance to fart with her moaning how slow I am.

Men just can't win
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 11:09 AM

It takes me about 15 minutes to get ready, but if I'm taking the dogs with me you can add another 20 minutes just to get them ready, settle them in the car and collect up all the things they might or might not need whilst we're out.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that the moment I lock the front door the cat will appear demanding food.

The life of a dog owner is sometimes not a happy one!
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

03-02-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
@ Janet

I now put everything out ready some time earlier if I am going somewhere special because although very organised I frequently lose clothes
I swear they hide from me I look in the wardrobe and they are not there but they turn up later when I stop looking ...
I've recently bought some laundry bags so at least little things like socks and knickers don't get tangled up and lost with the rest of the washing. They were a very good buy!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top